Very Important

pgreencard

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My case was transferred to Boston INS. The interview was on 29th April 2003 in boston INS. My husband was terminated from his job after his green card. So the Immigration Officer said that since my husband has changed the employer she is putting my case in hold. So last week I wrote a letter to Senator Kennedy's office, to know what is update on my case. Then I got a call from Senator office saying that they are informed that my case has been approved on June 5th 2003, and they send that my file to Vermont office to order for a card.

My question is without giving me an approval letter and stamping in the passport they can send a green card directly.

Some of my friends are saying that since Boston INS has approved my case, they are asking me to go to boston ins to get the approval letter. If I go and ask the boston INS, is there any chance to get my approval letter.

My EAD card will be expired in two months, if I dont get any response from vermont, do I have to Extend my EAD, even I got approved.

I dont know the Vermont and boston INS phone numbers, If any body has it please give me.

Please give me some suggestions. Thanks in advance.

VSC does not have direct customer service phone line. NCSC number is 1-800-375-5283. Mostly you won't get proper answer from NCSC.

For local office number check www.bcis.gov

If I were you, I would go personally to the Boston office, and inquire into the case.

About the card ordered and passport stamping, I don't know if they are dependent or mutually exclusive of each other, since I am still waiting for my approval!

Good luck...

Originally posted by pgreencard
if I go to Boston Ins, I dont know who to contact about my case.

Front desk person will direct you if you tell them why you are there

some tips...

Hi pgreencard,

Before you go to the local bcis office, do the following -

1. Get your case status update in writing from your senator's office. Just an email or something saying that your case has been approved, etc, etc.. print it and take it with you to local bcis office.

2. call the NSC 1800-375-5283 and check if your addresss and your attorney's address are current. may be they sent your approval to a old address.. may be

my two cents...

hope you get your approval letter/card soon.

Thanks for your advice. Just now I called the Senotor office, and said that I need Approval letter from Boston INS. They said You will get the green card from Vermont. I said to them that since my EAD card expires I need my passport to be stamped.
They said that they will pass this message to Senator. I dont know what will happen next.

Hi pgreencard,

I also live in MA and my case has been pending for more than 20 months. I have been thinking of writing a letter to Senator Kennedy to seek help. I am encouraged by the assistance you get from Senator Kennedy's office. Can you share with me your experience of how to get help from his office, such as what should be included in the letter to him? Thank you very much.

RD 11/05/01

Hi uask4it,
If your case is in boston INS then they can help you. If it is pending in some other center, then I have no idea. Since I attend the interview in Boston INS and didnt get any response from them, I wrote a letter to them.
I have their phone number at home. So after I go home I will give you the phone number.
Thank you.