very confusing, is this fair?

lixiaohui

Registered Users (C)
As I realized, one of friends whose I-485 ND is in OCt. 2003 got approved. This is too unfair to those who are waiting for around two years or even more.
What are they doing?????????????

I truly hope, if CIS can realize what we go through to get this GC .
Top of that, random approvals is like last nail in the coffin. :mad:

I do not think they put the file wrongly

I think they used another force to work on the 2003 files. What about some of the poor 2001 filers???????????????????????????????????????

yes it looks like they have started on 2003 cases too ...the user
pamid123 was feb 2003 case and was approved recently ... may be in a couple of weeks we might come to know more about this trend ...lets wait and watch ....

This is a election year

Don't forget, This is an election year. CIS could have been instructed to go slow on the 2001 & 2002 cases and start approving a large number of 2003 cases so that the over all mood is that the CIS performance has improved and that the Republican government is pro-immigration.

This could be a gimmick to attract the minority votes. If this goes on then we from 2001 & 2002 are going to be screwed big time.

:mad:

is it true?

I am wondering is it really Oct 2003 and Feb 2003 cases that are approved? or is it by mistake? :eek:

SHOCK and AWE

USCIS wants to give SHOCK and AWE experience by processing 2003 cases for reasons unknown, but we (2001 and early 2002 filers) are pissed off. Its been about 7 months since CIS received my reply to RFE and here I am still waiting for approval and seeing all others approvals comming in of much later RD (no envy with those people) . Sucks man.

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe you will see the approval of 2004 case soon. don't surprise.
CIS may want to show the abilty to process cases within 180 days...

yager said:
maybe you will see the approval of 2004 case soon. don't surprise.
CIS may want to show the abilty to process cases within 180 days...

<< with no malice towards the 2003 filers >>

In fact we need to be prepared to see more 03 approvals in days to come. Let us not forget that many if not all of the remaining plaintiffs of the class action lawsuit belong to this group.

CIS, therefore will try its utmost to see off these guys asap and go all out to quash the lawsuit set for the 3rd of June.

So much so for the land of (so called) justice, equality and freedom !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Read the last two sentence:

Chat User : Good evening, Murthy. With the new I-140/I-485 procedure as of April 30th, what does this mean for pending CP I-140 cases?

Attorney Murthy : No one knows for sure, as we have written in our MurthyBulletin article, since it is too early to tell. We hope that it does not mean putting existing cases on the slow track, but that seems to be the plan. We had a meeting on Friday, May 7th, 2004 with a senior USCIS official in Washington, D.C. where I was speaking on labor certifications with the Chief of the U.S. Department of Labor for the U.S. The USCIS official mentioned that the game plan is to catch up and bring along all newly filed cases so that they are processed within the 180-day timeframe and then slowly go back to playing catch-up with the previously filed cases. That is their backlog reduction plan.

this is funnier

CSC Instructs Not to Withdraw Previously Filed Cases

As we reported earlier, the California Service Center (CSC) has started a pilot program for processing I-140/I-485 cases. See our April 9, 2004 MurthyBulletin article, CSC Pilot Program on Concurrent Adjudication, available on MurthyDotCom. The program seeks to adjudicate all concurrently filed I-140/I-485 cases within 90 days of filing. The program was to start with labor certification-based EB2 cases. As a reaction to this, some people apparently have been withdrawing and refiling cases in an attempt to have them "fit" within the pilot program. The CSC issued an announcement in mid-May 2004 requesting that this practice cease, as it is counterproductive to the backlog reduction efforts.

USCIS is good at playing with rules.

They dont seem to care about that so many people hold up their lives simply because they themselves keep playing with their own rules. how pathetic.