Very Confused..

bmisman

Registered Users (C)
I just sent an email to my lawyer asking about the same thing but I want to get your comments as well.

The rule about concurrent filing changed after I already filed my I-140, one month after the rule change, we filed my I-485 (before the I-140 was approved).

Do I have a concurrent application???

INS actually waited for my I-140 approval (which took a long time because I transferred my Labor from my previous employer and they lost the original and all that) to approve EAD and AP. Does that mean anything???

What is my priority date??
- Date of the I-485?
- Date of the I-140?

Am I in the same pool of people that are effected by this new memo?

Thanks,

Baris Misman
Date of I-140 May 2002
Date of I-485 Oct 2002

I-485 WAC: WAC0300

There was a lot of discussion on this topic in other threads. It seems like majority of attorneys tend to think that you wouldn't be considered to be a "concurrent filing case".

If you are just looking for our comments/opinions, then here is one: I think you do fall into this new category and your priority date is I-140 filing date, so your case should be adjudicated now.

Thanks,
L.

who owns the newsletter

hello folks,

trying to find some ammo to go after my stupid lawyer.

the para here from the following link
http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/soc042804.html

"With respect to the March 31, 2004 memo if an I-140 is filed on April 27, 2004 and the I-485 is filed on May 20, 2004, under the concurrent filing regulations is this filing series ?

For the purpose of implementing this memo - concurrent filing means any I-140/I-485 filed at the same time or a subsequent I-485 filing pursuant to a pending I-140 if no adjudicative action has been taken on the I-140.
"

where did some service operations update come from? Can we track this to an INS/BCIS website?

thank you
Long_wait