Validity of the Asylee Status

Vasya Dostoinov

Hi everyone. Any help on this issue would be appreciated. I have asylum status and when my original I-94 was issued, its period
of validity was "INDEFINITE". However, I applied for a Refugee Travel Document, traveled outside the US for two weeks and then
when I re-entered, the officer at Newark Airport stamped the period of validity one year from the date I re-entered the US, i.e.
I re-entered on Jan. 18, 2000 and he stamped the validity of the status until Jan. 17, 2001. Does anyone have an idea as to why he
did not stamp it "INDEFINTE" again? And if I do not renew my status somehow, will I become illegal?
I would appreciate any information on this.

Thank you.

No Title

Vasya,
I also have asylum status and have traveled outside US with a refugee travel document. When I came back to the US the Immigration officer stamped in my new I-94 that I was admitted indefinitely. You still have the option to apply for a new I-94. Check INS web site http://www.ins.usdoj.gov Could you please let me know when you filed your I-485? (receipt date, notice date, what country are you from, etc) Thanks a lot
alanpero

No Title

Hi, my name is Blanche, and i have been granted asylum in 1997, indefinitely. I\'m still waiting for my 485 approval ND dec 1998.
I applied for Ref Trav. Doc and tthey said it will take 120 to 150. I can,t wait that long I need to leave in june.I applied in Jan 11, 2001. Is there any way to get it quicker. Please, help. I will really appreciate it.

No Title

Under no circunstances should you leave the US without Travel Document, and now there is a recent requirement from INS that an Advance Parole is also required. See ins.usdoj.gov and check for emergency travel advisory notice isuued last November or December. Not doing this could bring problems for you to re-enter and your I-485 considered abandoned. You can send a letter to INS asking for expediting the process to get your RTD.
Have you talked to an INS officer lately? I am in the same boat just some few months before you, and would like to know any new in this process. Please keep me posted with any new received from INS. Thanks. apalanpero@cs.com

No Title

Hi, my name is Blanche
I would like to know if there is an another phone number to get trought Nebraska to speak to an INS officer beside 402 323 7830. It is always busy and they never send you a response when you write to them.
What Can I do.
Thank you in advance