Validity of PCC for mumbai consulate

ddagsyn

Registered Users (C)
hi
What is the validity of a PCC certificate issued by the indian consulate in houston at the USA mumbai consulate. Is it one year or 6 months?
thanks

Six months at Chennai, do not know about Mumabi. My lawyer contacted the Chennai Consulate and they insisted that the PCC be NOT older than 6 months.

Madhu

kdivekar have u applied for

for PCC in houston already or are you going to wait another month. I applied for PCC for my wife and got it on july 3rd 2003. It is taking about 25 days. Mine takes only a day as my passport is issued from the houston consulate. I am planning to reapply for my wife in sept. Actually i tried to do it this month and the indian consulate frowned at the idea saying that i had already applied on july 3rd 2003.

I live in Ohio so I have to apply for PCC with CG in New York.

I acted smart and got my 1st PCC in Dec 02 not realizing it expires in 6 months as I was under the impression it expires in a year.

Then my attorneys told me they needed a copy of my valid PCC before submitting P3. So I got my 2nd PCC in late June 03 from CG NY office. Since my P3 has reacehd Bombay consulate and I am expecting an October interview and my 2nd PCC is valid until late DEcemebr 03 I will not have to apply for another PCC.

In both instances, it took about 45 days process time plus 1 week mailing back and forth.

Guys,
is this 6 month rule only for India PCCs,
or for PCCs from any country ??

It takes a few months to get Japanese PCC
(and two visits to Japanese Consulate Houston)
mine is more than a year old.

But the PCC was obtained after termination of
residence in Japan.

The 6 month PCC validity rule mentioned in the replies above is for Indian Consulates. Some non-Indian consulates have a 1 year rule.

The best bet is to send an email to Japanese consulate/ consulate where you plan to get your CP done to find out the validity. Also check the web site of the Japanese consulate on what they have to say about Japanese PCC validity.

Divekar,
I guess I wasnt clear ...
The question was about validity
of Japanese PCC for USConsulate, Chennai.

What I woudl do is send an email to Chennai consulate and see what they have to say! Once you get a reply from Chennai, take a print out of that email and carry it for the CP interview if the reply says no need to get another Japanese PCC.

The decision really lies with Chennai Consulate in this scenario.

ok..

...from FAM ...
it states that 3rd country PCC (note India PCC is not a 3rd country doc) is valid for more than a year as long as the applicant hasn't re-entered
the 3rd country ...or something to this effect.

general disclaimer:
please use above info at your own risk.