validity of employment contract and notice period.

vb8188

Hi,
I am on H1-B Visa and my present employer contract states that I need to provide 30 days notice period, or else I have to pay 25,000 in damages, Also I would like to mention my employer holds the privilege to terminate me at any time without giving me notice or reimbursing me.

(to be fair this is very unethical), My employer is located in the state of California, Contra Costa county.

my future employer have initiated my H1-B transfer process, on June 11 they provided my receipt number, H1-B transfer is in regular transfer processing. I intend to join my new employer on July 1'st 2015.

My question to you is, based on the contract condition mentioned above and state I live in (one sided contract) do I need to serve my employer any type of notice before leaving ? Can my present employer can come after me to seek any liquidation damages.

SALARY_DAY=(specific date on first week of every month)

If I do have to serve a notice, can I serve the notice of resignation to my present employer after SALARY_DAY and start working for new employer from July 1'st 2015 ?

I have heard from other folks that my present employer is known to withhold employees pay, not that I witnessed it firsthand, that's the reason why I would like to quit after SALARY_DAY, Also I have noticed that the employer did not provide me any signed copy of contract and the date mentioned in the contract was 1 year from now.

I request to please provide me references for your source of information, I would like it to review it myself and then make a move.