Validity of employement letter, paystub, bank statement

araghav

Registered Users (C)
I am planning to leave US by End of Feb and lookos like I will get appointment by End of march (or Early April). If I take my employement letter, bank statement dated something like 25th Feb and paystub from Feb,
Can I still show it for my interview, if interview date is
by end of March
OR
Start of April.
"document experies in 30 days" rule is hard and fast. I might cut close to this date.

Thanks

Could you forward date the letter?

I think it is always better to take a letter that is most current. However, in the present circumstances you could take the letter dated Feb 25 and convince the Indian officer why you couldn\'t take it in March by showing your air ticket receipt. The other option is to forward date the letter. Some companies could allow that. My company had allowed me to do that. But don\'t worry about the date too much. The officers will understand your problem.

Also get the BankStatement Print out if you have Direct Deposit

Right before the interview... That should show your salary deposited and can be used in place of paystubbs.
Some consulates dont bother to see them..

can they give me date by early march?

I think I have enough reasons and might have enough docs to convince them. If they insist on that it is rule that it has to be in last 30 days then it is different story. I might have go back and ask my company...

Whole reason of uncertainity is that I am leaving and I don\'t have appointment date. They entered on Feb 6th and looks like I should be able to request them to push it earlier by week or 2. That could be March 3rd week.
I am hoping that by mid march they will give me date of April 1st week. Look resonable?

you should be ok with the employment letter

Mine was 2 months old. Try and get as recent a paystub as possible.

Regarding getting a interview, it is possible, but they are quite reluctant. So if you have valid reasons write to the consulate.

All the best.