valid h1b till jun 2012 but new i797 issued MEANWHILE OUT OF USA TRAVEL

ashishgupta999

Hi,
I currently have h1b valid till jun 2012 but the hospital I work for has been brought by a different company.
They applied for new H1b and will be giving me a new i797 before aug 31st but meanwhile i have my Jamaica vacation from aug 31st to sep 4th. I am confused as to what are the chances that they won't let me reenter US as the office in my hospital advises me not to leave the country and sai8d at POE I might not be allowed to renter us. I scared as to what if it does happen and might have to go to india for the visa stamping?

Kindly advice.

Thanx
ashish

My h1b is from caritas hospital which is valid till jun 2012. The same hospital was brought by different company in feb this year and it's named steward hospital now and that's why they reapplied for our visa and I will be most prob getting my I 797 before I leave for my vacation out of US. My concern is would there be any issues as I will have a new I 797 from steward hospital and in US immigration site it will show my visa as still from caritas hospital. The Graduate medical education suggested me not to travel saying at POE I might be denied reentry in US. I am not sure If I need to cancel my trip. Any suggestions or previous experiences will help me decide.

Hi,
the USICS center in vermont recieved my application on 8/19 and the usics site shows my application I -129 petition as just accepted,
So what kind of documents should I take with me when I travel?