Vaccine records

dukeguy

Registered Users (C)
It is very difficult for me to obtain my vaccine records. What kinds of shots should I receive to meet the requirements of the medical examination? And how much for those shots? I really appreciate your information on this subject.

vaccine

you need tetnaus shot (in short supply, costs $50 to get in NJ),
MMR and chicken pox.
If you have received the last two, then there are blood tests avaialable to prove that you have and would be sufficient. These are- MMR titer, costs $87 and varicella titler $68.

If you are out of USA get these three vaccines and get a certificate from the physician.

In addition, you need to get tested for TB and HIV, which is done by the INS nominated civil surgeon who shall be giving you the certificate, generally charge $215, including the above two tests.

Thanks a lot for your information. More questions ...

I did receive the MMR and chicken pox outside USA before, but just can\'t obtain a certificate from the physician.
It seems that the blood tests are expensive. Can I just receive new shots of MMR and chicken pox if they are cheaper compared to the blood tests? In that case, can the charge for the tests be waivered from the INS nominated Doctors?
Thanks again for your information.

vaccine

Chicken pox vaccine may be tough.Besides, getting multiple doses for MMR needs time which you do not have.Try your insurance physician.

If you can get the certificate from your doctor, INS doctor will not charge you for it. this applies for TB and HIV tests too.
You might get I693 for $115.

Tetanus shots

Tetanus shots are not required if you had any tetanus shot in past 10 years. Normally the physician will go by your word and you don\'t need to show any records for it.
Same for chicken pox. If you had chicken pox or shots anytime, just mention it to physician and there won\'t be any need to take shots again.