vaccination records

Almost-There

Registered Users (C)
hi all

Does anyone know the process of getting a vaccination record from USA.
I heard we can get a blood test and then come to know the vaccinations we have had in the past...
this is for immigration

thanks in advance

No Title

You do a blood titer test for the vaccines you want to confirm your body is immune to. The test result will give you some concentrations and using a table that gives you ranges you will interpret the results as positive or negative. Your family doctor must know it.

Medical Records

You can go to your PCP and get yourself vaccinated he will then produce a record which will be considered official by the doctor in your home country. You can also get a blood test which is called titers, this enables the doctor to generate the vaccination report. My 2 cents is to get it done. The process is much shorter and straight forward. You can get it done by your PCP or the doc doing your medical test

I took the MMR vaccine at my PCP\'s clinic. They just gave me a small note...

actually on the doctor\'s prescription stating that I was given the MMR on a specific date. Will that be good enough for the medicals?

Take the vaccines if you can..

Hello,

Titers can assay if you have taken the vaccination. But titers cost, in most cases, almost the same as the actual shot. So if you have not taken a vaccine, I would spend a few extra bucks and buy the protection. My insurance covered almost all vaccination and so I simply went for it instead of titers. I had taken MMR, etc. in India before coming to the US. But I took Hepatitis vaccines. In fact, US schools are now making Hepatitis vaccines mandatory.

Can anybody give me list of vaccines required ??

Does anybody know the list of vaccines necessary for medical check up in CP??? Can we take all of those in US?? Please advise.

Talked to the Lilavati - Here is what u need

1. MMR
2. Tetnus
3. Chicken Pox if u have not had that in the childhood

HTH