V-visa

kk73

I filed I-130 in Feb.2000 as petitioner. We have been waiting more than 4 years after the application has filed, but we haven't received any document from BCIS or NVC, and we cannot apply V-1 Visa. Does anybody know what the reason is? How can we receive the letter from them? Please let us know.

You should have received a receipt notice from INS after you sent in your application . If you have this you can file form I-539 to change the status and also file for a work permit . Do you have the receipt notice from INS with you ?

I filed I-130 as Petitioner for my wife at Texas Service Center The problem is The Texas Service Center didn’t send any record to NVC or Department of States or any American Embassy. For this matter during the past 15 months period, I have contacted the U.S embassy in Seoul in person, National Visa Center and by phone and letters, and Texas Service Center by letters. However, I haven’t heard any good news from them. I don’t know what the V-1 visa for…….. we cannot apply the V-1 visa.
Anyway, thanks you for response my message.