V visa travel

freshdaisy

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I just received my V1 visa approval notice. I stay in the U.S.

I would like to travel to India soon. What is the procedure to get the V1 visa stamped on my passport at the U.S consulate in Chennai?

I would appreciate any help you can give me on this.

Thanks.

Question

If you don’t mind, can you tell me when did you apply for V visa and when did you get it? How much times usually it takes?
Here is my information and I didn’t get anything.
Applied-:26th April 2002
Finger Print-: 3rd May 2002
No response from INS yet.
I will appreciate if you reply me back.

v visa

I applied on april 12. Fingerprinting was around May 1st week. Received approval notice in mid Sept.

I think your processing is just taking longer. Hopefully you'll get your approval notice soon. I was expecting mine in the nov. , as per the ins suggested timeframe.

Please let me know if you come across someone in my situation with a V visa.

Thanks.

V Visa

I will be eligibel to apply for V Visa on May'03. But my legal stay in US will expire on Oct'03(H1-B). So I am thinking of whether to apply for V Visa in US or request for Consular processing and claim the V Visa in India. Some suggest that I should give it a try and apply for V Visa within US. But looking at your processing times to get V Visa approval, I think it is taking 6 months to get the approval notice. If the apporval notice doesn't come before Oct'03, I have to leave the country which will cancel the whole process and start the cosular processing then. Rather I am thinking of not to apply within US, but request for consular processing before May'03 that way I am sure of not losing any time

Any suggestions are welcome in this regard.

question for Supavan

Hi Supavan,

Sorry that I cannot give you any hint for this. I am pretty new in V visa program. Can you please tell me what are the requirements to be eligible for V visa? And when you get it, is it just to be able to stay in the States, or you can start working as well?

Thank you in advance,
Shemshak.

V Visa

You should be a Spouse,unmarried children for a US Perm Resident.
Your sponsor should have filed I-130(Petetion for Immediate Relative) filed on or before December,21'2000.
You should wait for 3 yrs from the date of filing notice.

All 3 of the above should meet to be eligible for V Visa.

You can file for Employment Authorisation after or at the time when you apply for V Visa if you intend to work in US.

I suggest you not to travel out of US. I heard from a friend, someone had the same statues as you, she traveled back to China in Feb, 2002 and couldn't be able to come back since then. She needs to reapply V visa at the US embassey although she has the approveled V from INS. It was a long process and they stopped to process V visa since August and no time soon to re-start it. Although it's in China, I don't know if it will be better in India