V Visa Interview

halfacrown

Registered Users (C)
Hi there

I've just received a date for my interview for the V Visa which is the quickest way I'll be able to join my wife bearing in mind the length Texas are taking to process I130's.

Anyway, I would be grateful if anyone who's been through the interview process, or know about the interview process, could advise the format of the process and the type of questions that will be asked

Thanks

Halfacrown

Dear all

No response received to my question, but I thought I'd update you. I've had the interview and received the V Visa. The interviewers were very polite and basically, if you follow the instructions to the letter, regarding documents required and proof that you need regarding finance, you'll have no problems.

Hope you guys are able to join your partners soon

Halfacrown

V Visa help

Hi, I'm glad you got your V visa. I'm trying to get it , too. But first I need to wait for the current dates to be changed. I have applied after Dec, 2001 so I don't fall into that requirement. However, I've been waiting for more than 3 years...
Can you tell me more of your interview experience? What did they askked you.
Thanks.

Rebebe

Hopefully they'll change/update the eligibility date soon bearing in mind that you filed after Dec 2000.

You are given a simple medical which includes an x-ray and blood test, in my case this was carried out at a location outside the embassy. Then you go to the embassy with your results, together with the other documentation that your are required to bring.

The documentation is then checked with you present and I believe that it is then checked by a second person 'behind the scenes'. You are then called to be interviewed and I was asked questions regarding my future intentions, employment plans etc. My interview was quite brief which was probably due to my current employers and the fact that I would be able to transfer to the states, plus my financial position, but I can't be sure of that. A person before me was interviwed for longer but I don't know what was asked.

Hope this helps, good luck

halfacrown