V-status how does it looks like ?

philaug28

Registered Users (C)
Hello guys ,

I`m the husband of a green card holder and i`m in the united states since september 2000 and my wife filled a petition I-130 for me in april 2001 in the vermont service center . Now more then 3 years have past and i never received anything concerning the i-130 petition . I`ve been told that i`m qualify for the v-status while in the united states , i filled a form I-539 & a I-765 for the v-staus and employment authorization in april 2004 . I`m still waiting for the V-status for about 5 months now . Also for the EAD card . Can some one who already experience the v-status share with me the whole waiting process and tell me how it looks like is it a special card that you received that state the v-status or else .Please i`m waiting almost 6 months and still didn`t receive it .

thanks ,

Philaug28

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I do not believe that you are eligible for the V Visa. This is because according to the current ruling you must have filed on or before 22nd December 2000 and have been waiting 3 years. Please see the following from the Governments own internet site 'US Citizen and Immigration Service'
http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/hdinonimm.htm

Who is Eligible?
A person may apply at a U.S. consulate abroad for a V-1 or V-2 visa or seek V-1 or V-2 nonimmigrant status while in the United States, if that person:

is lawfully married to a Lawful Permanent Resident of the United States (V-1), or is the unmarried child (under the age of 21) of a Lawful Permanent Resident (V-2); and
is the principal beneficiary of a relative petition (Form I-130) that was filed by the Lawful Permanent Resident spouse/parent on or before December 21, 2000; and
has been waiting at least 3 years since the petition was filed for status as a Lawful Permanent Resident because the petition is still pending, or has been approved but:
an immigrant visa is not yet available; or,
there is a pending application to adjust status or application for an immigrant visa.

:(

this regulation was extended till april 30th 2001...

That was certainly the case before december 22 2000 for the LIFE act but there was a countinuation of this said rule extended for april 30th 2001 which is my category . Actually i did everything already fingerprints and biometrics and i`m just waiting for the work authorization to come in the mail . Since i`m already in the United states i`ll be given a V-status . If you have some other useful detail please let me know .

best regards,

cant find paper with that # i need

My wife and i got married february 2002 we went to ins in nyc.we spoke to 2 different people they interviewd us seperatly then together.my wife and i got seperated for a little while after.now my wife says she got a paper that says denied and she wants us to get a divorce she said that is what her lawyer told her....im a little weird about this how can i find out if she got approved or denied we are still seperated who knows if we will get back together but there is something about her that is REALLY SNEAKY when i ask her for the notice or the case # to look up on line she plays dumb i hope you can help....Thank You :confused:

Go to your local congressman

Hello there ,

I had the same problem 3 years ago , i hads a petion filled on my behalf and didn`t received any receipt or other stuff and i went to my local congressman and told them about it , and evrything went ok .

best regards

v1 case

dear,
I'm from Paris, I am waiting since august 2001 I'm normally eligible but it is still always pending, evry time I go to consulat in Paris they tell me I must appear on the class system. my wife in usa wrote and go to the service usics every time but always no answer. so how many times we have to wait 4 ,5 ....years all the life where is the justice how we let family in this situation my daughter born in usa no morality

please tell me what is this law if there is no application in usa, for me it is a big surprise because i think that in usa evry body is equal.
we open the DV lotery rapidly but we don't make easy the family act I'm very tired please guide me

regards

Last edited by a moderator: