USPS delivery problem

pashto

Registered Users (C)
Hello guys,
I desperately need your advice. I've mailed an application for RTD to the Texas Service Center (a PO BOX). The USPS tracker says:

Class: First-Class Mail®
Service(s): Certified Mail™
Return Receipt Electronic

We attempted to deliver your item at 6:02 pm on November 08, 2011 in DALLAS, TX 75222 and a notice was left because an authorized recipient was not available. You may arrange redelivery by visiting www.usps.com/redelivery or calling 800-ASK-USPS, or may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice. If this item is unclaimed after 15 days then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

Notice Left (No Authorized Recipient Available), November 08, 2011, 6:02 pm, DALLAS, TX 75222
Arrival at Unit, November 08, 2011, 5:42 pm, DALLAS, TX 75260
Acceptance (APC), November 02, 2011, 8:20 am, NEW YORK, NY 10036

Does it mean that USPS expects someone to sign for the letter at the PO BOX? How can I make USPS just drop the letter into the PO BOX? I would hate to have the letter returned to me in 15 days... Please give me some advice!

Thank you!

You sent it to the wrong address. If you send certified mail you are NOT suppose to use the lockbox address, there is different address provided, for special delivery and mail that requires someone to sign for.

I don't think you can now request the usps just drop the letter into the lockbox without a signature, not for certified mail. If you are lucky someone from uscis may pick up and sign for the mail or you will need to re-send once its being returned to you.

You sent it to the wrong address. If you send certified mail you are NOT suppose to use the lockbox address, there is different address provided, for special delivery and mail that requires someone to sign for.

I don't think you can now request the usps just drop the letter into the lockbox without a signature, not for certified mail. If you are lucky someone from uscis may pick up and sign for the mail or you will need to re-send once its being returned to you.

not true. It happens all the time. Wait a day or two and it will say DELIVERED. :)