Using INFOPASS without appointment/ NJ FP Dates thread

futcitizen

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

Everytime I try to schedule an INFOPASS appt, the online scheduler says that no appointments available in your area. I am just planning to walking to the Newark DO which I believe has an INFOPASS office at 970 Broad street,

Does anyone have experience as to what the response is if you go without an appointment? Please share.

I am waiting to get a FP scheduling letter from VSC for 2 months now and since I fear its probably lost in the mail, I want to just ensure that one wasn't sent out yet.

Any folks out there under VSC who have PD starting first week on March. I am keen to know how many did and did not get their FP's done yet??

TIA.

My PD date is 3/11/05 i received and FP notice 14 days later, i go for FP next week.

VSC was where i sent my application.

mozelack said:
My PD date is 3/11/05 i received and FP notice 14 days later, i go for FP next week.

VSC was where i sent my application.
But you are in Maryland, and that's a different district office, therefore, the timeline would be significanlty different.

Futcitizen,
If you had sent the FP reschedule notice and still waiting for the new letter, I would suggest you can try walk-in in the local ASC.
I had similar experience with my Wife's FP notice (ours is VSC). I had sent reschedule request for her FP (she was out of town then) and completed my own FP on the scheduled day. I inquired with my Local ASC (in Seattle, when I had gone later for my PP stamping), about a new FP reschedule notice for my wife. The helpful service agent told me that we could do a walk-in on any day. We did that and she was allowed to take her FP.
While it may be different for your local ASC, you still can give it a try.

Good Luck !!

futcitizen said:
Guys,

Everytime I try to schedule an INFOPASS appt, the online scheduler says that no appointments available in your area. I am just planning to walking to the Newark DO which I believe has an INFOPASS office at 970 Broad street,

Does anyone have experience as to what the response is if you go without an appointment? Please share.

I am waiting to get a FP scheduling letter from VSC for 2 months now and since I fear its probably lost in the mail, I want to just ensure that one wasn't sent out yet.

Any folks out there under VSC who have PD starting first week on March. I am keen to know how many did and did not get their FP's done yet??

TIA.

dasash said:
Futcitizen,
If you had sent the FP reschedule notice and still waiting for the new letter, I would suggest you can try walk-in in the local ASC.
I had similar experience with my Wife's FP notice (ours is VSC). I had sent reschedule request for her FP (she was out of town then) and completed my own FP on the scheduled day. I inquired with my Local ASC (in Seattle, when I had gone later for my PP stamping), about a new FP reschedule notice for my wife. The helpful service agent told me that we could do a walk-in on any day. We did that and she was allowed to take her FP.
While it may be different for your local ASC, you still can give it a try.

Good Luck !!

i think the original poster means he/she never received the FP notice yet.

futcitizen said:
I never recieved the FP notice yet!! That's why I am really concerned!
If you go to the DO, their system is able to tell you wheather a notice has been mailed , or your turn didn't come yet.
Go man and try your best, it's your future here. If you don't move, sure the heck the USCIS won't move for your own sake. Go there, and be confident, you paid $390 for the application, you deserve some service for what you have paid.
good luck. and let us know what happens.

futcitizen said:
Thanks Sony.

Anyone ideas on getting by without a prior INFOPass appointment for Newark DO!

i guess you just have to go and see if they would talk to you. since you can't schedule the appointment online, i don't see anything you can do besides of just go without appt :(

wish you luck

ocworker, are you under Newark DO & VSC?

If yes when you mailed in your N400, did it get diverted from the orginal mailing address. When I checked my fedex delivery status it said that it was picked up from 921 MARSHALL AVE in Vermot? Did any of you encounter this with your fedex tracking if you used fedex for delivery?

Well I tried my luck. I walked in to the INFOPASS office at Newark and the [cordial] staff did not entertain even making a future appointment.

The standard answer is you have to give us 365 days to be able to process your application. While I am not sure if scheduling an FP takes that long at all, unless as some posts mention that my file is sitting somewhere un noticed and who knows how long? Dont really know what to do next!

Any suggestions. Sincerely appreciated! TIA.