Using FOIA to get information on 140 petition

paapu82

Registered Users (C)
hi all, i have already posted a message in a different thread that my employer is not revealing the 140 approval notice. Recently, i heard that we can file a petition based on Freedom of Information Act to get that information.

I would like to know whether it is true/possible? if so, whether any of you had done it. What are the information we need to provide? Do we need any information from the employer in this case?

Thanks
Paapu

paapu82 said:
hi all, i have already posted a message in a different thread that my employer is not revealing the 140 approval notice. Recently, i heard that we can file a petition based on Freedom of Information Act to get that information.

I would like to know whether it is true/possible? if so, whether any of you had done it. What are the information we need to provide? Do we need any information from the employer in this case?

Thanks
Paapu

I suggest you change employers. If you can file I-485 do it, and apply AC21 as soon as you can with a different employer.

I-140 is property of employer because employer is the petitioner.
You are the Beneficiary. So can have any right on this file.

paapu82 said:

Thanks
Paapu

Thanks a lot bartolo5

A0001, I understand this is a property of the employer. But if the 140 is revoked by employer, employee (this case me) is the affected person and not the employer. If the employer is withholding the 140 information, employee is bonded to the employer until green card process is complete.

I just wanted to know whether filing FOIA will be of any use or not.

I-140 using FOIA ?

Has anyone successfully received a copy of
I-140 approval directly from USCIS using
FOIA ?

Thanks