using AP to go back to China? Gurus please help !!!!

getGCin2002

Registered Users (C)
Has anybody on this board ever using AP to go back to China?
I have applied for AP , I would like to know how safe is using AP to
visit China and come back , was officers at airport in China
able to recognize/acknowledge this kind of document ? I am a little
afraid that they might give me hard time if they don\'t know this can
be used as equivalent to US visa , thus hold me in China and I won\'t
be coming back US (unless I apply for H1 visa, my H1 still has 4 more years) .

Could any guru shed some light on this? if you do have such experience, can you let me know which Chinese city you departured from ?

Thanks very much.

GetGCin2002

No Title

using AP to go back to China? Gurus please help !!!!

Has anybody on this board ever using AP to go back to China?
I have applied for AP , I would like to know how safe is using AP to
visit China and come back , was officers at airport in China
able to recognize/acknowledge this kind of document ? I am a little
afraid that they might give me hard time if they don\'t know this can
be used as equivalent to US visa , thus hold me in China and I won\'t
be coming back US (unless I apply for H1 visa, my H1 still has 4 more years) .

Could any guru shed some light on this? if you do have such experience, can you let me know which Chinese city you departured from ?

Thanks very much.

No Title

AP is called "white paper" in China, it is well-recognized. Don\'t worry about that in China. The only hassle is actually at the US entry point. You will be brought to a separate room to process your AP. In my case, it took one hour to do that in Detroit airport. If you case is pending over 180 days, H1 is not a good option.

No Title

I went back to china last novermber by using pa, when I came back to us, I got some difficulty in china part because they didn\'t know what pa is, it took me nearly hours and finally they let me go. But I entered jfk airport easily. In a word there is no problem by using pa, to be save you\'d better bring your h-1b or ad card with you.

No Title

VSC1197, sampson wu,

thank you very much for reply, could you please let me know what Chinese cities you departured from ?
Shanghai ? Beijing ? or others?

sampson wu, could you tell what difficulty you had in china part and how did you convince Chinese officers to let you go ?
this will be very helpfuly to me.

Thanks again.

GetGCin2002

No Title

Hi, man, why will you worry about it so much? Did you even see anybody was blocked at China (BJ, sh) ports? I bet the answer is "NO". Don\'t worry about at all. China ccp only stop those so called spies for TW, like Ms. Gao and Mr. Li Shaomin, but eventually they still will be released. Man, just enjoy your trip for home and have a good trip!!! There is an old saying: " Don\'t worry about the sky, it will not fall down!!" If they stopped me in BJ, I would stay there for 2008, just kidding. Please, please just enjoy the food and beer there, stay longer with your dear mother, this is maybe the most important thing to consider!

No Title

I departed from Shanghai, both the Chinese staff at Northwest Airline and Border checkpoint staff (in Pu Dong International Airport)asked me about visa, I said I have a return permist (AP), they all recognized it and call it "Huan Xiang Zheng" or "Bai-Pi-Shu/White paper" and let me go without any problems.

No Title

Hi Samba, thank you for assuring me. since I never used AP , I don\'t know what will happen on China side, as a fact , I did hear some people talking about when they came back from China, they did get questioned about the validity of AP by Chinese officers at Airport.

That\'s why I sound too worried.

No Title

It was in Fuzhou, because it is a small city, the officer in the airport didn\'t see any ap before and he couldn\'t read English, he didn\'t let me to board the airplane and let me wait there to talk to his supervisor. The funny thing is his supervisor didn\'t know what it is either. I waited there nearly two hours. They asked me to show them the EAD card or H-1 but I didn\'t bring it with me, but anyway they let me in. If you\'re from the big city like Beijing or Shanghai, there is no problem. Just remenber bring the H-1 or Ead Card with, you won\'t get any trouble.
Good Luck!,

No Title

It was in Fuzhou, because it is a small city, the officer in the airport didn\'t see any ap before and he couldn\'t read English, he didn\'t let me to board the airplane and let me wait there to talk to his supervisor. The funny thing is his supervisor didn\'t know what it is either. I waited there nearly two hours. They asked me to show them the EAD card or H-1 but I didn\'t bring it with me, but anyway they let me in. If you\'re from the big city like Beijing or Shanghai, there is no problem. Just remenber bring the H-1 or Ead Card with you, you won\'t get any trouble.
Good Luck!,

No Title

sampson wu, thank you very much, I think after hearing your experience, I will buy the airline ticket to/from Shanghai or Beijing after I get my AP. thanks again.