using Advance parole

jpraveen

Registered Users (C)
My I-485 is pending at NSC.I am still continuning on h1 not using EAD.I have my H1 extension approved last week.I took appointment with Toronto consulate for H1 visa stamping on April 20th..I also got advance parole.

My questions is if I travel before April 20th using my advance parole,does it affect to my H1 stamping later.I mean using advance parole void h1?
Thanks

no it doesnt. I used AP for a whole year and just got my H1 stamped last month again. No problems at all.

Advance parole doesnot void H1. Unless you have some specific reason to get your H1 stamped , you can always use AP to enter US and keep working on H1 .No need for H1 stamping .

But once you use your EAD then u loose your H1 status , i assume you know it just thought of mentioning it .

jpraveen,
Are you a canada citizen? I am not a canada citizen but I am thinking to get my H1 visa stamp at Toronto consulate.

Talk to your HR first.
The HR in my company insists that EAD has to be used once AP is used.
jpraveen said:
My I-485 is pending at NSC.I am still continuning on h1 not using EAD.I have my H1 extension approved last week.I took appointment with Toronto consulate for H1 visa stamping on April 20th..I also got advance parole.

My questions is if I travel before April 20th using my advance parole,does it affect to my H1 stamping later.I mean using advance parole void h1?
Thanks

IPC302 and aonflux :
I am in the similar situation as jpraveen.

My application for H1 renewal is pending at NSC. I do have valid AP that I have been using so far. Our company attorney tells me not to travel outside US before H1 petition gets approved and then get it stamped at US consulate in Canada. He is advising me against travel on AP. He is giving me reference of some Interpreters Release.

Either of you have any additional reference that I can show to my employer/ lawyer? I have international travel coming up soon.
Appreciate your response.

Same with me too. My company attorney has strictly asked me not to travel using AP even though I am not using EAD.
So my suggestion would be check with you attorney and understand the pros and cons of using using ur AP.

Thanks
Shyla