Using AC21 question. Wage below prevailing...

nhats

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I got a question, I am petitioned by a CPA Firm. Unfortunately, my boss died and the company is being closed. I tried to look for a job, unfortunately the only one I could find is as an accountant in a dental office.

the current wage offer is below the prevailing labor certification wage. SEcond, in the labor cert. it states that I:

am under direct supervision of certified public accountant, she performs standard functions of an accountant pertaining to the preparation of tax documents and financial reports in a computerized environment.

----------------

I will be the accountant in the dental office. Obviously I am not under the direct supervision of a CPA. I doubt that I will be preparing any tax documents, but I will probably be preparing some monthly financials for the company.

Will my 485 prosper? Will I have any problems?

Would appreciate your response.

Obviously you are missing two of the prime ingredients of a successful AOS/AC21, which are similar job and equal or higher salary. If RFE'ed you could be in SERIOUS trouble.

That being said, all is not lost! You still have lots of time to keep looking for a job that fits your 485 requirements. GC is for future requirement not current, so even if you continue working for the dentists office, if are able to find a job for the future, which matchs your GC profile and the employer is willing to give you a letter stating that you will be hired after GC approval for said salary and position, you can fight it out!

Good luck!