Use of AP from Future GC Process

vamsi9901

Registered Users (C)
Can i use Advance Parole i got from filing a GC in future employment category by a company other than i am currently working for?
Will there be any issues at the port of entry?
I am on h-1 (7th year) with my present company with visa stamp expired.

vamsi9901 said:
Can i use Advance Parole i got from filing a GC in future employment category by a company other than i am currently working for?
Will there be any issues at the port of entry?
I am on h-1 (7th year) with my present company with visa stamp expired.

Yes you can use it. There should be no issues - they don't ask employment questions on PoE. They just check if AP is valid, and at max, if 485 is still pending.

To be on safe side, you can have a letter from your prospective employer stating that ur GC is being processed and you will be hired once it is approved.

goodluck!

- ab

Last week in Newark I have also been asked what is the company I am working for. We even have been called to a separate room for this.

ping lu, michaelfe,
obviously you were able to get back, were the POE officials in content with your responses? what was your response on what company you are working for?
485may03,
they let you go after showing EAD or any further questions?

-Thanks for responding.

no further questions. just in addition to AP they wanted to see the EAD.
my POE was newark. where they asked for the EAD. and my latest POE was chicago where they did not ask for anything else but I have to show them the AP