Use of AC-21 for 6-9 month project

loginkk

Hi Friends,

I have a situation and would like to know if anyone has were in this kind of scenario and what you have done

Current situation
140 Approved, 485 pending over 2 years, currently working with my employer on EAD.

Problem
Current project ended. The new assignment is 6-9 months and the new Vendor said I should on the payroll of the Vendor if I can work at the client.
Vendor is willing to provide me an Employment Letter stating that it is a Permanent opportunity

Question
Is it worth to take the risk or do any of you see any issues in joining the Vendor on w2 for a 6-9 months assignment and file AC-21 (I want to file AC-21 as I am not sure if the employer’s lawyers will respond in case of a RFE?)

Hi Friends,

I have a situation and would like to know if anyone has were in this kind of scenario and what you have done

Current situation
140 Approved, 485 pending over 2 years, currently working with my employer on EAD.

Problem
Current project ended. The new assignment is 6-9 months and the new Vendor said I should on the payroll of the Vendor if I can work at the client.
Vendor is willing to provide me an Employment Letter stating that it is a Permanent opportunity

Question
Is it worth to take the risk or do any of you see any issues in joining the Vendor on w2 for a 6-9 months assignment and file AC-21 (I want to file AC-21 as I am not sure if the employer’s lawyers will respond in case of a RFE?)

I think you should take up the position in this kind of market.
Regarding AC21: First thing it is adviced to file AC21 when change in company. Secondly it depends on your EB Category. If you are EB3 and not near to the date you can wait and see. If EB2 and you feel your date will be current in next 3-4 months you should file AC21.

Hi Prman,
Thanks so much for the response. Priority date for EB2 as per Sep Bulletin is Jan 2009 my priority date is EB2, June 2006.

Even the outlook for the rest of the year looks grim. I will be filing for AC-21 to be on the safe side.