Use AP to enter, the officer will write "AOS" or "Paroled..." on I-94?

too_long said:
Mine has paroled on it. what differnce does it make?
I don't think it makes any difference. I have one out of two stampings that way too in the AP document. In the passport they had it as AoS throughout. And I have traveled many times, close to 2 dozen times. I had no problems. Rather, I must say, I used to have preferential treatment :)

poongunranar said:
I don't think it makes any difference. I have one out of two stampings that way too in the AP document. In the passport they had it as AoS throughout. And I have traveled many times, close to 2 dozen times. I had no problems. Rather, I must say, I used to have preferential treatment :)

What do you mean by preferntial treatment? I am going to travel on business for several trips and I never used my AP before. Have you ever renewed your AP? Please give us your thoughts regarding traveling back and forth for business.

Thanks

I meant it in the positive sense

SAMBOCICO said:
What do you mean by preferntial treatment? I am going to travel on business for several trips and I never used my AP before. Have you ever renewed your AP? Please give us your thoughts regarding traveling back and forth for business.

Thanks
I used to travel many times in and out of Canada from the same port-of-entry. They got used to me traveling many times that a couple of officers instantly used to recognize me saying, "so here you are again." Every time they used to courteously ask what I was doing in Canada and that's about it. In a couple of instances, when they were puzzled with the weird look of my Advance Parole I had to tell them "ok, this is how an AP issued by Service Center looks like whereas what you are seeing is issued by a local office (Atlanta)" etc. when they had lots of new people manning the port-of-entry and they were caught by unawares. They soon summoned all those 5-6 officers manning the port-of-entry and showed them how an AP from Service Center may look more authentic than what I have now for renewal -- the ordinary MS Word doc type AP from the local office. So, by "preferential treatment" I meant the friendly smiles and courteous conduct at the port of entry. I had done 3 AP renewals and had 4 APs in total (I think) out of which I had never used 1 AP.