USCIS Website down. ?

srikanthsiva

Registered Users (C)
This is what the website says when you try to check your status:

This portion of USCIS web site, Case Status and Process Times, is currently unavailable.
Maintenance is currently being performed. We apologize for the inconvenience and this site
will be available by 10PM EDT today. Please try back then.

Can this mean that they are updating all their LUD's?

Trying to hide the mess !

Hi Sri,

For NSC, it means that all workers are busy in doing housekeeping to welcome the new director from Texas. By 10 pm, they would sweep all their mess under the carpet and switch on the power.

Good luck.

DIGS
EB3, India
RD Apr.04
140 ??

Last edited by a moderator:
srikanthsiva said:
Can this mean that they are updating all their LUD's?

LUDs are pertaining to case data that immigration officers might be working on. When they say maintenance, it usually means that they are making updates to the application. For example they might be adding new features to the website.

Sometimes the status website is down for a few hours. Simply try again later and you will get through. There is really nothing to read into it - that happens once every one or two weeks.

plastic_card said:
I do not care even if NSC breaks.
You are Absolutely Right. I also agree with Digs. After all they are all humans (govt. servant!!! - who gets salary from our hard earned money) - only work when boss is around. I have a question for everybody. Why do we say that India is corrupt country? This NSC guys do not take BRIBES and that's the reason for slow work. Atleast in India your work is done by giving couple hundreds for sure. NSC people do not take bribes and no work, indian guys take bribes and 100 % work - who is more corrupt?????

tjshah said:
You are Absolutely Right. I also agree with Digs. After all they are all humans (govt. servant!!! - who gets salary from our hard earned money) - only work when boss is around. I have a question for everybody. Why do we say that India is corrupt country? This NSC guys do not take BRIBES and that's the reason for slow work. Atleast in India your work is done by giving couple hundreds for sure. NSC people do not take bribes and no work, indian guys take bribes and 100 % work - who is more corrupt?????

I would go with "incompetent morons"

NO I do not agree

tjshah said:

Tjshah,
I know that U are fustrated with the delay in UR 140.
But there is a way to get Ur things sorted out... U must have hired a attorney to care of Ur case... He is the guy who U should press for action.. U have paid him right ... then why is not moving an inch.
I am sure that UR application has got lost in the pile of applications. The attoney can intiate an enquire about the whereabouts of Ur application. for this he need to talk directly to the adjucator /officer whome the application is assigned to.

Taking and giving bribe is NOT good.. If one bribes and gets his work done ~~~ leaves with many guys with work UNDONE.. Why should someone with lots of money should be REWARDED..... In India only the RICH can get there work done ~~~ poor and lower middle are helpless in the hands of Bribed Officer...

I agree with eBhola. Guess, each case depends on the immigration officer he/she working on. I see lot of cases getting approved whose PD is much more greater than mine. As per my conversation with NSC, I firmly believe it depends on the immigration officer no matter what. I wonder if the officer working on my case is on vacation or too good to have applications piled up on his/her table.

Mahesh
NSC Concurrent Filing EB-3
PD : 07/16/2003
I-140/485 : RD : 04/22/2004

Hey Guys,

This thread was put up just for the 'Website down', hope we dont get down to dirty politics or principles because that may be debatable. I understand it is difficult to keep down the frustrations, it is a learning process to keep up the strong will. Some are lucky here, some get lucky elsewhere, maybe in the first millionaire club.

Enjoy the Downs with the Ups.

Good luck.

DIGS
EB3, India
RD Apr.04
140 ??

Yep I agree. I should have not asked this question at place itself. I don't say that we should bribe this guys. My only general question is why we say India / any Asian country is corrupt country? This immigration guys also don't work. (nobody knows the reason behind thier no work schedules or delays or long vacations).
Yes but no such discussions so sorry for that.

ebhola
Sorry to comment on what you said. No matter you got Good Attorney pr powerful attorney NSC is not going to Change. Even these SO called Good attorneys can Initiate but they can make things work.

Tjshah I do not want to speculate on Bribe and other stuff, But things will Happen at NSC...........