• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

USCIS To Issue Redesigned Green Card

El inmigrante

Registered Users (C)
USCIS To Issue Redesigned Green Card​

WASHINGTON - U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced today that it has redesigned the Permanent Resident Card - commonly known as the "Green Card" - to incorporate several major new security features. The Green Card redesign is the latest advance in USCIS's ongoing efforts to deter immigration fraud. State-of-the-art technology incorporated into the new card prevents counterfeiting, obstructs tampering, and facilitates quick and accurate authentication. Beginning today, USCIS will issue all Green Cards in the new, more secure format.

"Redesigning the Green Card is a major achievement for USCIS," said Director Alejandro Mayorkas. "The new security technology makes a critical contribution to the integrity of the immigration system."

The enhanced features will better serve law enforcement, employers, and immigrants, all of whom look to the Green Card as definitive proof of authorization to live and work in the United States. Among the benefits of the redesign: Secure optical media will store biometrics for rapid and reliable identification of the card holder. Holographic images, laser engraved fingerprints, and high resolution micro-images will make the card nearly impossible to reproduce. Tighter integration of the card design with personalized elements will make it difficult to alter the card if stolen. Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) capability will allow Customs and Border Protection officers at ports of entry to read the card from a distance and compare it immediately to file data. Finally, a preprinted return address will enable the easy return of a lost card to USCIS.

In keeping with the Permanent Resident Card's nickname, it will now be colored green for easy recognition. USCIS will replace Green Cards already in circulation as individuals apply for renewal or replacement.

P.S.
I want to attache the picture but i tried and it doesn't appear !
anyway here is the source
USCIS

Last edited by a moderator:
Did someone already received this redesigned green card?
I'm still waiting for my SSN et Plastic GC,
I entered on April 13th (JFK) and I'm afraid about the timing to get the physical GC and SSN.
I've apply for ssn in my local SSA and till now, I've receive nothing.

my status on uscis website pending on "Initial review"
is this normal?

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of the eagerly waiting for redesigned green card. We have to check whether our status changed to post decision activity, if this is the case we need not have to call USCIS. We will get the green card within 4-5 days.