USCIS rescheduled the interview

Minsk

Registered Users (C)
Just received a mail from USCIS saying that they are rescheduling my interview from October 20 to November 8. Is it a common practise? What can cause it?

Do you know if those applicants had any issues at their interviews?

At least you are lucky because it is just rescheduled and only delay by 2 weeks. Other people
in similar situations get de-scheduled and don't know when it will be re-scheduled (please see my signature)

At least you are lucky because it is just rescheduled and only delay by 2 weeks. Other people
in similar situations get de-scheduled and don't know when it will be re-scheduled (please see my signature)
\\

WBH,

Do you know why that happened in your case? Were there any tricky questions during the interview or anything special with your case? Why the IO couldn't make the decision?

It happens normally when the DO has not got your file.I had it twice but only for happy ending.I don't think you need to worry just for getting rescheduled.

Reason for rescheduling

My own guess your interview is rescheduled as on OCT 20th you are not completing 5 years of GC. They have rescheduled to a date after completion of 5 years. Who is your DO, do they have same day Oath Ceremony????

Reasons:
Snow holiday
File not reached
Change of workload due to unexpected time overruns
5 years not complete ... This is nice of them actually
Random ....

\\

WBH,

Do you know why that happened in your case? Were there any tricky questions during the interview or anything special with your case? Why the IO couldn't make the decision?

My original interview was in last July. In June I got a deschedling letter. Then re-scheduling letter arrive after 2 month with a new interview date in October. Then
one week before the date, I got second descheduling letter. Then after 2 months, I got rescheduling letter with a new date in Janurary. Then I did not get descheduling
letter. But when I showed up for interview, I was told that they could not interview me because my file had not arrived. The receptionist told me he would personally inquire into this and would call me. A few days letter he did called me and told me he had my filed right in front of him and asked if I could come next week for an interview. Of course I said OK and then after that everyone became a happy exprience.

I suspect that my file did not arrive on time because in the meantime I also filed a FOIA request. These two could interfere with each other. Whether my suspicion is true or
not , I advise think twice before sending a FIOA request during citizenship process

The following is my complete story. Last year I voted Maslouj's case as the case of the year. This year I voted mine

http://forums.immigration.com/showt...n-de-scheduled-three-times&highlight=rainford