USCIS representatives experience!

kubutek

Registered Users (C)
Hello everybody,

I am one of the transferred cases from Vermont. A while after the transfer I started calling USCIS using POJ trick. I was quite succesfull first time as I was told that my namecheck has cleared. I tried to confirm that on another occasion and was told that they are not allowed to give this info anymore. A few days ago I called and asked at what stage of processing my case is. To my surprise rep told me they didnt get it yet!!! (message says that they transferred the case on 3.2.07). She told me to wait a couple of weeks because it might be not in the system yet. Finally she said she will investigate and took my phone # (she never called ofcourse). Today I called and was told that they have the case (same message though) and that they didnt make a decision yet (like I didnt know). I asked how they will process the cases. She said they will try with PD but they have thousands of cases blah blah...On other occasionn I was told they will do that by receipt date...

What a mess. Do you think we can believe any of that??? Should we just sit and wait years and years and play theirs game???

EB3 worldwide
PD Sept 2002
I485 RD July 2003
I 140 approved in April 2004
FP 1 November 2004
FP 2 August 2006
RFE July 2006
Transfer 3.2.2007
LUD 3.11.2007

Last edited by a moderator:
Kubutek, would you mind sharing how you were able to get hold of the rep? what is POJ method?

Cheers

hi,

call 1-800-375-5283

then choose 1-2-2-6-1 (here enter your receipt number) then press 1 (to confirm) an then 3-4

Good Luck!

shas123,

where did you apply for EAD after transfer VSC or TSC
can you tell me how do you know about name check clearance?

thanx

Kubutek, thanks for the tip. I actually applied my EAD online at VSC and my case got transferred to TSC right after that which I thought is good sign since I reside in TX. For the N.Check, FBI replied back stating my name check was completed to my original status enquiry

Not Lucky

I called up TSC yesterday. Officer was very rude and did not want to talk anything about my case initially. Not even to confirm if they have received NameCheck results (I found that my NC was clear in march as per FL/FBI route)

After listening to her talk on ... how many cases they receive per year.. blah blah .. and my case is just one of them.. avg wait time is from 6month-4 years..etc..blah blah...she does not care about any letter from FBI/DOJ blah blah..

I told her that I am almost in my 4th year..(EB2 - PD Sep/2001 - RD-Sep/2004). And I am calling because as per my last query, I was told to call after 6 months. This time, I wanted to make sure that case is moving forward.

At the end, she looked at my case..and said same thing..."Sir, you have to wait. I can not give any other information at this time."

I was not lucky... may be I will try one more time next week.

I called up TSC yesterday. Officer was very rude and did not want to talk anything about my case initially. Not even to confirm if they have received NameCheck results (I found that my NC was clear in march as per FL/FBI route)
Why did you want to know about Namecheck even though you had confirmation from FBI that it is done ??? :confused:

I just spoke with TSC Rep this morning and she was kind enough to check the status of our cases. She told me that they have received the results of our FP and our cases are just waiting to be assigned to an officer.

I received the same reply using POJ method a month ago, when TSC Imm Officer lady spent more than 10 minutes to research my case and put me on hold several times. Later she repeated all the case numbers etc I gave her and told me that my NC had already cleared and infact now my EB1 485 is already in TSC Adjudication Section waiting to be assigned to an Adjudicator to approve it. And I should hear within 30days. 30 days have already passed but nothing has happened so far.

When I called 2nd & 3rd time to confrim the first ladys information, I had no luck, one person told me that, after NOv 2006 they have stopped giving NC info to petitioner while other person told nothing has happened in your case yet without even looking at it, so I must wait.

So I dont know whom to believe but I am more bent to believe the first lady, as I dont see any reason for her to LIE to me after spendind 10minutes on computer looking for my case status. I dont think she was gossping and therefore put me on hold on the pretension of researching and then after some time came back and then again put me on hold and then since she had written down my numbers on paper so repeated that. I dont know what to believe. But I have right o ask about my case status.

I just spoke with TSC Rep this morning and she was kind enough to check the status of our cases. She told me that they have received the results of our FP and our cases are just waiting to be assigned to an officer.

Don't mean to be rude but people like you are one of the reasons why service center folks refuse to be cooperative. You know very well that they have not yet reached your date; and that there are many people before you waiting for years. BUT you go ahead and bother them anyway.

Imagine if an immigration officer gets 3 or 4 calls like yours in the morning, would you blame her/him if s/he is in a crabby mood for the rest of the day. I wouldn't.

Again, not trying to knock you but just putting things in perspective. Before people start complaining about how they got rude officer on the phone, just think about callers like mugambo1!

I received th same reply using POJ method a monts ago when ths lady sepnt more than 10 minutes to research my case and put me on hold sveral times and later repqtested all the case numbers etc I gave her. She told me my NC for clear and my EB1 485 is already in TSC adjudication section waiting to be assigned to an adjudicator to approve it and I should hear within 30days. 30 days have passed nothing has happened. When I called 2nd and 3rd times to confrim the first ladys and no luck, one told they stopped giving such ino anf other told that nothign is done yet, wait. SO dont know what to believe but I am more besnt o believe firts lady as why the hell she would spend 10minutes to LIE at me. Or they were just gossping as usual and put me on hold on the pretenstion of researching and then after some time came back and then again put me on hold and then since she had written donw my numbers on apper so repaeated that. I dont know what to believ. But I am still out of 485 processing date for TSC (15 Sept 2006) while my filing date is 22nd Feb 2007 so I dont have right to bother them now. So waiting. I have yesterday written a letter explainign everythign, hope I getts into hands of some no so lazy officer who cares to leook at my case before looking at their processing dates.

Well "EB3 labor", if you see carefully my EB-1 PD is current so I have a right to ask them about decsion on my case or atleast after they gave me some promising information and suggested me to check after 30days.

Also if you see I am just asking about the status on my case not asking them to approve it to make sure that my NC is not stuck or else I should start taking measures to contact senators etc. Morever who are you to question that... Oh wait I know who your are a frustrated 10 years old verteran still waiitng for GC. I am surprised to know that even after 10years of waiting you have still learnt nothing about USCIS working. It is everyones experience that if you dont keep track of things at every stage they are bound to get screwed up like your case, and I dont want that to happen that to my case. I don't want sit like you in a hope to get GC after age 65.

Mind your language and correct your thinking.

Don't mean to be rude but people like you are one of the reasons why service center folks refuse to be cooperative. You know very well that they have not yet reached your date; and that there are many people before you waiting for years. BUT you go ahead and bother them anyway.

Imagine if an immigration officer gets 3 or 4 calls like yours in the morning, would you blame her/him if s/he is in a crabby mood for the rest of the day. I wouldn't.

Again, not trying to knock you but just putting things in perspective. Before people start complaining about how they got rude officer on the phone, just think about callers like mugambo1!

Well "EB3 labor", if you see carefully my EB-1 PD is current so I have a right to ask them about decsion on my case or atleast after they gave me some promising information and suggested me to check after 30days.

Also if you see I am just asking about the status on my case not asking them to approve it to make sure that my NC is not stuck or else I should start taking measures to contact senators etc. Morever who are you to question that... Oh wait I know who your are a frustrated 10 years old verteran still waiitng for GC. I am surprised to know that even after 10years of waiting you have still learnt nothing about USCIS working. It is everyones experience that if you dont keep track of things at every stage they are bound to get screwed up like your case, and I dont want that to happen that to my case. I don't want sit like you in a hope to get GC after age 65.

mogambo1,

I do think you are doing the right thing!! We have the right to know the details of our cases since we pay for it and don't want to be screwed up!

Word, Word, Word!

Well said.