USCIS queue to schedule Interview!!!

MissMolina

Registered Users (C)
I have a question out of curiosity for those who have some experience with this.

Suppose you have completed your FP and later (few days/weeks/months/yrs) you find out through some IO that your application was in the system queue to get scheduled for an interview.

Now suppose your application was put in that system queue on Jan 1st, how long would it take to get the IL ? and what would be the approximate date for the interview?

Just trying to get a feel of the process and understand the uscis maze. :eek:

MissMolina said:
I have a question out of curiosity for those who have some experience with this.

Suppose you have completed your FP and later (few days/weeks/months/yrs) you find out through some IO that your application was in the system queue to get scheduled for an interview.

Now suppose your application was put in that system queue on Jan 1st, how long would it take to get the IL ? and what would be the approximate date for the interview?

Just trying to get a feel of the process and understand the uscis maze. :eek:
I don't believe anyone can answer that question with any certainty. All you can do call the FBI to figure out whether your FP's are cleared.

After that just wait for the Interview Letter.

....then comes the theory of whether they will schedule you for Interview before all the background checks are cleared or not?

Although this is not the norm but rumors had it and due to many lawsuits pending, that they are not scheduling any interview before they receive all the background checks from FBI.

Good luck.

I'd say sometime between 1 day and 6 or 8 months. Look at typical PD to IL dates on your DO's thread. As far as I can tell, FP date isn't important, it's PD to IL, and for any DO, "typical" (i.e., no impediment) PD to IL dates seem reasonably consistant (again, from what I can tell).

MissMolina said:

There is no certainty that your application would be picked up just because it was put in system queue earlier than someone else's. E.g., me and my spouse had out FP done on June 22nd and name check was cleared within a week from that day. So, technically, we were on the "system queue" since at the latest June 29th. But we saw many other folks with priority dates later than June 29th getting interview calls well before I got mine last week.

So, either USCIS systems have significant bugs or the interview letter issuance is done manually as opposed to system triggered process. But I would imagine it is the former because, you know if builders built cities the way programmers write programs, the wood pecker that comes along would destroy civilization.

Dude,
My name check got cleared on Sep 2006. I got my IL in Oct 2006. Got my cancellation letter in late October (dated the next day). Reason given (File did not transfer to local office). Contacted Infopass , 800 number. One fine day, the person answering the 800 number did request for a case expedite since it was past 30 days the processing time. Got my letter again within 2-3weeks.

I don't know if you can develop a pattern for ignorance.

r2ichennai2007
How did you find out when your name check was clear? Sounds to me that there is a way to find out the name check process. thanks

Guys, thanks for the replies and feedback.
My understanding was, an application will be put in the system queue to schedule for an interview only after it has cleared every check (fp, nc from 8 agencies etc).
If that is true then its just a matter of time before the IL is received, unless the system goes loco on you and then you are in a maze for sure.

MissMolina said:
Guys, thanks for the replies and feedback.
My understanding was, an application will be put in the system queue to schedule for an interview only after it has cleared every check (fp, nc from 8 agencies etc).
If that is true then its just a matter of time before the IL is received, unless the system goes loco on you and then you are in a maze for sure.
What you are saying appears to be consistent with what the immigration officers at Infopass say. But what appears to me is that the system that monitors the "system queue" does not always work as expected.