USCIS PROPOSES FILING FEE INCREASES - please add comments before April 2nd deadline

second stage

Registered Users (C)
To add comments before April 2, 2007 deadline

Goto: http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic/component/main
Under Agency, Select USCIS and press Submit

You'll see this Doc USCIS-2006-0044 with the following title "Adjustment of the Immigration and Naturalization Benefit Application and Petition Fee Schedule" And at the right hand corner, you can click on the Add Comment icon to add any comments..

I think its important to let USCIS know the hardships or negative consequences of increasing fees without appropriate increase in level of service and also necessary to tie increase in fees to inflation(which they did in 2005/2006) rather than arbitrary fees..

N-400 fees were only $260 in 2004...
http://www.murthy.com/news/UD04fees.html
so, its an increase of 128% from less than 3 years ago...

Thanks,
Second

Last edited by a moderator:
Pay the increased fees first and then expect better service or even prevent the service from getting worse.
Better service and better processing times give the applicants greater benefits which are way much more than enough to offset such increase in fees in most cases. So instead of complaining about the increase, I'd say welcome it.

One thing everyone (except maybe those stuck in namecheck) needs to admit is that the USCIS is actually doing a better job this year. A year ago, my wife and I spent 8 months from PD to scheduled interview (Dallas DO) with completely uneventful processing. Now some folks are complaining because they applied 90 days before natz eligibility and their interviews need to be postponed.

Then again, those prices are rather steep (considering the "service" that the USCIS provides). It's certainly a good thing that you don't need to spend that on your kids (though N-600s are pretty expensive considering all that happens is someone looks at some documentation and says "oh, ok" and issues a citizenship certificate).

newdawn said:
Pay the increased fees first and then expect better service or even prevent the service from getting worse.
Better service and better processing times give the applicants greater benefits which are way much more than enough to offset such increase in fees in most cases. So instead of complaining about the increase, I'd say welcome it.
I have several years experience with INS.

I have NEVER seen a fee increase to result in better service. This organization is one of the most in-efficient and rarely works corretly.

Do NOT keep your hopes up due to the Fee increase. All it does is that people pay more but INS does what it does best....Which is very little...