USCIS Oline Status

vcorcl

Registered Users (C)
I filed my RFE on July 16th. Then I saw my online status has been updated twice on July 17th and 22nd with exactly the same message. Does anyone know this situation happen often? Can anyone guess if it implies anything? My guess is may be the officer looked at my case at the second time and did nothing. Below is the message posted on July 17 and 22.
Thanks.

On June 17, 2004, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 570 and 600 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

If you filed your RFE on July 16th, how can they receive it on June 17th? USCIS is working much ahead of you man....

kjkool said:
If you filed your RFE on July 16th, how can they receive it on June 17th? USCIS is working much ahead of you man....

It was sent out via overnight mail. Due date was July 17th.

Man I was kidding about the month, I know its a typo, according to your first post, You sent it on July 17th (today is June 22)

kjcool,
Thank you for your correction. The month should be June, Not July. I must have stay up too late. :)

vcorcl said:
I filed my RFE on June 16th. Then I saw my online status has been updated twice on July 17th and 22nd with exactly the same message. Does anyone know this situation happen often? Can anyone guess if it implies anything? My guess is may be the officer looked at my case at the second time and did nothing. Below is the message posted on July 17 and 22.
Thanks.

On June 17, 2004, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 570 and 600 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

Again...... Ghhrrrr, its kjKool

and updated twice on June 17th and 22nd with exactly

and Below is the message posted on June 17 and 22

OK, thats it.
About your question, they are looking at your case. My advise: Save some money for celebrations.

Last edited by a moderator:
vcorcl said:
I filed my RFE on July 16th. Then I saw my online status has been updated twice on July 17th and 22nd with exactly the same message. Does anyone know this situation happen often? Can anyone guess if it implies anything? My guess is may be the officer looked at my case at the second time and did nothing. Below is the message posted on July 17 and 22.
Thanks.

I am in the same situation. They received my RFE response on June 18th. I got an email from them on June 21st. Then today I discovered that last updated date changed from June 18th to June 23d. Exactly like in your case but one day later.

My guess is that is the date when the case was transferred from the mail room to the officer. Though I hope for something better than that I prefer to lower my expectations so that I don't get very disappointed in case nothing happens in the next week.

But still I believe we both are close. Good luck!!!

It is normal.

My RFE received date is 06/01 with LUD on 06/04 and still wait. See Tracker for ND SEP 2002. Some of them have already waited for a long time. Did you finish your second FP?

pysar said:
I am in the same situation. They received my RFE response on June 18th. I got an email from them on June 21st. Then today I discovered that last updated date changed from June 18th to June 23d. Exactly like in your case but one day later.

My guess is that is the date when the case was transferred from the mail room to the officer. Though I hope for something better than that I prefer to lower my expectations so that I don't get very disappointed in case nothing happens in the next week.

But still I believe we both are close. Good luck!!!

vcorcl said:
Thanks.

One more time the date will change soon. you may see approval today or tomorrow or by next week. Good luck.
:D

goodnews123 said:
One more time the date will change soon. you may see approval today or tomorrow or by next week. Good luck.
:D

Goodnews123,
Have you seen/heard this situation before? Is this the trent that it has been happening? Thanks

waitover600 said:
My RFE received date is 06/01 with LUD on 06/04 and still wait. See Tracker for ND SEP 2002. Some of them have already waited for a long time. Did you finish your second FP?

There are also cases that were approved within 5-10 days after RFE was received. Have you already seen the spreadsheet posted here? http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=822500#post822500

Looks like most approvals come within 21 days. If not then it takes much longer. But again, there is no clear correlation. FP validity may play some role. Most people who are not approved within 21 days have not taken FP2 and have FP1 expired.

I did my FP1 on April 3d, 2003 so they are still valid (through July 3d)

ONLINE CASE STATUS SAYS "ACCESS DENIED"

Friends,

I used to check my case status online once a day. now today when i tried to check, it says " Access Denied as there are to many enquries within short duration for un specfied time frame , blha blha ..."
Have nayone seen this. please check your case and post the reply. :mad:

Relax.

It happened with me just a few days back.
Connected after a gap of one day and things were back to the old "....570 to 600..." message. :)

It's normal for the online status to be updated twice or even more after RFE has been received by USCIS. Nothing to worry. It means they are looking at it and it's being processed.