USCIS continuous presense verification

tarakan

Registered Users (C)
Does anybody know if an immigration officer has all my arrival/departure records infront of him at my citizenship interview? I didn't keep a track of my exit-entry records, and don't have any supporting documents like airline manifests, FF etc.. I asked for a copy of my exit-entry records from USCIS under FOIA, but they said they didn't have those and reffered me to Customs and Border Protection. Those falks said it would take about 8-12 weeks min. to get a response. My citizenship interview is coming up and I don't want to miss it. My passport doesn't have any stamps, and I honestly don't remember taking any trips outside from the top of my head. Is my passport with no stamps enough prove for them that I didn't take any trips or not?

I think you can approximate the timeframe of the trips that you took. I remember in one of the posts that someone mentioned they just put a timeframe (for eg. March 2000) and they were ok during the Interview.

If you've taken any trips longer than 24 hrs, it is best to state it rather than not stating anything at all. I'm sure if you put an explanation letter of why the dates are the way they are, USCIS would understand.

Last edited by a moderator:
We first downloaded the N-400 about 4 years before we filled it in and mailed it. Being Canadians, living about 5 hours from the border, we had only a very rough idea of how many trips we had taken, and when.

So, we waited until we had 5 years of good information. Everything before that was only a very rough guess (but, we were *way* under both the continuous residence and physical presence limits, so a rough guess was good enough (I think)).

It worked, we are all USCs now.