USCIS Case Status Online : Official Processing Dates?

kevin_brown

Registered Users (C)
I did my usual end-of-day routine, viz. visit the USCIS case status check website. While my status did not change (RD 01/2002, FP 03/2002, no 2nd FP, no 2nd RFE), the website seems to have changed for the better.

1. First of all, we have links to see processing times at various service centers, district offices. These used to be unofficial reports from AILA. Even though the information has not changed, atleast it's become part of the USCIS web-site.

2. Also, the website says for those who have responded to RFEs and have not heard for more > 60 (I think!) days, to call the toll-free to initiate a CASE Referral, where the Svc Center has to write to you in 30 days. Might be helpful for those 2001 filers :mad: who have responded to RFEs and are waiting in frustration.

Overall, if one is cynical (most become after waiting 20-30 months to get action on an approved I-140), this does not mean much, but atleast some process discipline is being enforced at USCIS, although I know that part of me is saying "WRONG...this is another window-dressing excercise, not real process improvement!"

-Kevin

Kevin,

Where do you see all these changes? I see the same old information on the site....am I missing something??

cmr

I was using this link

I actually have the USCIS Case Status Online on my list of Favorites (under IE) :eek:

I went to this link

https://egov.immigration.gov/graphics/cris/jsps/index.jsp?textFlag=N

Hope this helps!

-Kevin

This is what it says regarding Post-RFE waiters:

What if the Service Center requested more information or evidence?

If the Service Center asked you to submit more information or evidence and you submitted it more than 60 days ago, and you have not reached a decision yet, you can call the National Customer Service Center toll-free at 1-800-375-5283 for a case status referral.

The key phrase: "YOU have not reached a decision yet"

I wish all of us filers had the power to reach a decision on our own cases, right?

Last edited by a moderator: