USA GC or Canada PR

india-usa

Banned
I have applied Dec'2001 finally It showing online status Decision mada but i didn't received any thing after that.

Mean while I applied USA GC (I-140) on July '2002
then applied I -485 Oct 07th'2002
got approved on Jan 21st '2004

Now I have question ,
Is it posible to withdraw from canada PR, coz already paid ROLF(myself and my wife) .

I think its not posible to keep both (US and CA)

what I have to do? If I get CA PR then we can sponser to our parents and relatives easly(I know we have to pay taxes) .

I am planning to go US GC stamping on monday. after getting stmped US GC then If I get CA PR papers requesting passports. Shall I send the passports to canada Center?
pls give me sugestion....

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I have question ,
Is it posible to withdraw from canada PR, coz already paid ROLF(myself and my wife) . :

*** You can cancel/withdraw/abandon your Canadian PR. You will get I guess around 600 bucks out of 1000 bucks.

I think its not posible to keep both (US and CA)

what I have to do? If I get CA PR then we can sponser to our parents and relatives easly(I know we have to pay taxes) .

*** How you can pay taxes? You need to have some income in Canada. There may be ways to do that.

I am planning to go US GC stamping on monday. after getting stmped US GC then If I get CA PR papers requesting passports. Shall I send the passports to canada Center?

*** If you need Canadian PR; sure you can send your passports and there shouldn't be any prob.

*** But you need to be sure which residency you want to keep as it would be hard to file taxes in both the countries and would be hard to maintain your residency.

Mayank

mayankdave ,
Thanks for ur reply. Still I am waiting for the papers , What have to do? Online status is showing Deciesion Made (since Dec13th)

papers recieved

I recieved papers this friday, after long time of decision made.

Let me know what you decided , whether you will go for both residencies or will choose one, I am also thinking of keeping both.

Re: papers recieved

rsingh01

I am thinking to keep both.
How much time will take to get the papers. mine is almost completed 2 months...

Mine papers arrived in 3-4 weeks of message change

Did you talked to any US lawyer about this.

I discussed my Canadian lawyer and he says it should be OK.

Re: Mine papers arrived in 3-4 weeks of message change

I think its not a prob. But If we want to keep both status then we have to pay taxes.

Everything is OK

I asked my US lawyer yesterday..he says it is just OK. As per him there should be no issues at border.

Rest all is on your own..

Hi bhand, Give your comments on this.

Dear bhand,

Give your comments on this 2 GC issue. Now it is confirm with Canadian and USA lawyers. One can keep both GC.

But, I will not recommend to go for that, until it is required.

Dont take it wrongly. I appreciate your past answers to all other issues including this one.

Thanks..