Us Passport Application Question

rushil

Registered Users (C)
In the passport application thier is a entry for 'Alien Registration:'
IS the green card registration number ??? Is it the naturalization number ?? many thanks.

rushil said:
In the passport application thier is a entry for 'Alien Registration:'
IS the green card registration number ??? Is it the naturalization number ?? many thanks.

As a naturalized citizen you'll carry the A# with you for the rest of your life.

Alien number, is the one from your GC, and also appears on your Naturalization certificate.

Has anyone applied for the passport at the ceremony location itself after the Oath? I have heard that if you apply there, you don't have to submit your original certificate. They will just make a note of it and return the original to you? Is it true?
Please share your experience(s).

Thanks.

cz2006 said:
Has anyone applied for the passport at the ceremony location itself after the Oath? I have heard that if you apply there, you don't have to submit your original certificate. They will just make a note of it and return the original to you? Is it true?
Please share your experience(s).

Thanks.

I didn't, but I've seen other people doing it after my ceremony and it's not true that they don't take the Naturalization certificate.

Suzy977 said:
I didn't, but I've seen other people doing it after my ceremony and it's not true that they don't take the Naturalization certificate.

Suzy977, thanks for your reply. If they take it then it is better to make a couple of copies first and then apply at a passport acceptance facility :)

cz2006 said:
Suzy977, thanks for your reply. If they take it then it is better to make a couple of copies first and then apply at a passport acceptance facility :)

Exactly why I didn't apply there...besides the fact that at our ceremony were 5,000 new citizen...and you can imagine was quite a long line for passport applications.

I am not sure thats true

gc4parents said:
As a naturalized citizen you'll carry the A# with you for the rest of your life.

Alien number, is the one from your GC, and also appears on your Naturalization certificate.

As far as I know when you become a citizen you are a citizen. There are no A# for you. When I applied for my passport after becoming citizen, I didnt mark anything in that box and I got my passport just fine.

I thought A# appears on your naturalization certificate.
Thats why sometimes even someone forgets to write it on passport application,they can always add that info from naturalization certificate enclosed

Bottom line: Yes, you are citizen after naturalization and you don't have to list A# every step of the way.
But you still have A# that is linked to "you" even when you are citizen.
Thats how in certain extreme cases (such as link to terrorism, nazi govt etc.) INS can go back to your naturalization application to find out if you
gave false information and retroactively cancel your citizenship.

sd12 said:
I thought A# appears on your naturalization certificate.
Thats why sometimes even someone forgets to write it on passport application,they can always add that info from naturalization certificate enclosed

Bottom line: Yes, you are citizen after naturalization and you don't have to list A# every step of the way.
But you still have A# that is linked to "you" even when you are citizen.
Thats how in certain extreme cases (such as link to terrorism, nazi govt etc.) INS can go back to your naturalization application to find out if you
gave false information and retroactively cancel your citizenship.

Exactly what I meant. You don't need to provide you A# all the time as a Naturalized citizen, but is linked to you for the rest of your life.