US LPR travelling to Switzerland for vaccation

acreads

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I am an Indian citizen, and I have recently received US LPR status (have received physical green card as well). Am planning of making a stopover in Geneva on way to India for few days. Has any other Indian Citizen US LPR any experience travelling to Switzerland without a swiss visa. If so, could you please share your experience - ANY ISSUES AT SWISS IMMIGRATION CHECK POST?

Thanks,
ACREADS.

no problems at geneva airport. You need to have your passport and the GC. They will only ask yu whre you are staying and how long, the purpose of you trip. They are used to receivng at least several US PRs a day in Zurich and Geneva.(swiss policy clearly states that an american PR does not need a visa to vist switzerland.)

I too took a vacation in Switzerland in 2001. As the previous poster mentioned, they only see your GC. We were not asked any questions but of course that depends on the officer but in any case should be no big deal. Check out the Swiss embassy/consulate's web page for current entry requirements.

sam

I visited Switzerland in the summer of 2004 with no problems; I had a passport and a plastic card.
Before leaving the U.S. I checked with the Swiss consulate in Chicago and they told me that in order to travel to Switzerland without a Swiss visa a PR needs to have both a plastic green card and a valid national passport.
For example, a temporary passport stamp is not enough. Also, having a plastic card and a reentry permit (but no national passport) is not enough either. In those cases a PR would need a Swiss visa.

The year before, in the summer of 2003, I was also travelling to Europe and to Geneva in particular. At that time my plastic card had not arrived yet, but I did have a valid passport with a temporary stamp and a reentry permit. Still, I had to get a Swiss visa, which they gave me with no problems.