US GR & Canadian PR -help

jemilianl

Registered Users (C)
hi all
I have a green card and physically live in state for more than 3 years, now because of work and family, i went to canada to work. But I am in and out State and Canada. I also try to apply for canadian permanent card. Is it going to be a problem? I am also going to apply for US citizenship next year. Does anyone have this kind of situation? Thanks.

jemilianl said:
hi all
I have a green card and physically live in state for more than 3 years, now because of work and family, i went to canada to work. But I am in and out State and Canada. I also try to apply for canadian permanent card. Is it going to be a problem? I am also going to apply for US citizenship next year. Does anyone have this kind of situation? Thanks.

-- You will face problems in the future (if you get a PR status of Canada while still in posession of US green card)..

help

Would you tell me what am I going to be facing? Becasue my wife she is studying in toronto. Now I just got a letter from Canadian immigration state that I need the medical exam.. I am confuse and lost please help.

jemilianl said:
Would you tell me what am I going to be facing? Becasue my wife she is studying in toronto. Now I just got a letter from Canadian immigration state that I need the medical exam.. I am confuse and lost please help.

You said you will be applying for the US citizenship next year. If you get a Cdn PR before that, the US citizenship judge might ask about your two PRs at the same time (which might be frawned at and have serious impact on your US green card/citizenship).

Other thing, if you are still able to get your US citizenship, and then apply for cdn citizenship (eventually, in the future), your US citizenship will be in trouble, since they do not allow dual citizenship (this is a bit complex issue and needs further explanation, but this is good enough at this point to caution you about the future possible issues).

Well, thanks. But let's me explain more. I am the only one have GC. My wife she doesn't have it, that is the reason why I went to canada to be with her. I got a working visa through her. And I apply Canadian PR from U.S, Now I am just traveling back and forward in US and Canada to maintain the GC residency.
1) how can the US judge will find out that I apply Candaian PR?
2) I didn't got anything yet from Canadian PR, just in progress. What should I do?
I am sad and confused.

1) how can the US judge will find out that I apply Candaian PR?

-- They might ask you and if you are caught (in case you misrepresent), you will be in trouble. OR they might have their ways to find out, in that case they will not ask you anything, but you might eventually lose your status based on their findings..

2) I didn't got anything yet from Canadian PR, just in progress. What should I do?

-- Your choice..

Hi,

I am in the same boat like jemiliani. I have a US GC. But my wife is on H1B. We both applied for Canadian GC and we got few months ago and Immigration told we have to land on Mar'07. We are going next month by Flight to Canada.

1. Will they revoke my US GC at Canadian Immigration? Even if they dont take it, when we return back to US, will I face any problem?
2. Also we have to the H1B stamping for my wife at US Consulate in Canada. Is there any problem on H1B Stamping because we are coming with Canadian GC at Canada but intent to going back to USA?
3. My friend informed that to take a Deman Draft of 14K US Dollar and another with 1000 US Dollar as a proof of fund. Do I have to take only my name or we both names?
4. My friend is living in Vancover but we are landing at Toronto. Can I give Vancover address to the Immi. office for the address proof in Canada?

Thanks,

1. Will they revoke my US GC at Canadian Immigration?

-- No, Cdn immigration has no right to take away your US green card.

Even if they dont take it, when we return back to US, will I face any problem?

-- You could face problems with the US immigration...That is possible..

2. Also we have to the H1B stamping for my wife at US Consulate in Canada. Is there any problem on H1B Stamping because we are coming with Canadian GC at Canada but intent to going back to USA?

-- No. Many people do this, you will find many related postings on this forum..

3. My friend informed that to take a Deman Draft of 14K US Dollar and another with 1000 US Dollar as a proof of fund. Do I have to take only my name or we both names?

-- I do not know...

4. My friend is living in Vancover but we are landing at Toronto. Can I give Vancover address to the Immi. office for the address proof in Canada?

-- Yes. But I am not sure if they accept friend's address...

Hi Jemilianl.

I am at the same boat with you.

Here is the problem.If you get your Canadian PR you need to meet canadian residence requirement.Let's say somewhat you maintance your residency outside of Canada you will have problem at the citizenship process.

The critical issue is this if you would like to be both countries citizenship in the future for your situation.

1-You need to get your US GC.
2-Get your Canadian PR(Does not effect your US GC as long as you meet the US reguirement).
3-Get Canadian Citizenship.(If you are outside of CANADA it's not possible as far as I know)
4-Get US citizenship.

If you get Canadian citizenship after US your US citizenship will be revoked.THAT'S THE PROBLEM.

US odes not allow anyone to obtain another countries citizenship by naturalization after US citizenship.

Because of that I dont what to do for my self also.

I think it's helps.

I have already received a permanent residency in Canada and landed, then came back to US. I am in the process of obtaining labor certification in the US. I am wondering whether I will have any problems with US immigration once I file for I-140. I have checked a list of documents necessary to submit with my I-140 application and they ask for a copy of all pages of my passport, so they will know that I am a Canadian permanent resident. So again, does the fact that I am a Canadian permanent resident creates any problems in the process of my I-140? Thanks.

So again, does the fact that I am a Canadian permanent resident creates any problems in the process of my I-140?

-- NO.

can us immigration take way GC ?

H i guy's,

My sis and her husband got their US GC recently. They also got their canadian landing paper now which they applied yr ago.They don't have any intention to be canadian citizen but they want to complete their landing so that they can get 1/2 of their landing fee back.

If they goes for landing are they going to risks their USA GC ?