US Entry Denied using Canadian Passport -I160A

Jbourne

Hi ,

Need proper help and guidance to my situation.

I was working in the USA on L1A visa. I lost my job in Nov 2023. I acquired my Canadian citizenship in Oct 2023 and passport in Nov 2023. I tried to re enter USA on Jan 2 2024 on Canadian Passport to collect my belongings. But I was denied entry and the CBP office just gave me a document stating Notice of Refusal of Admission/Parole into the United States. This document is addressed to CBSA and in the bottom it says Form I-160A. I checked with a lawyer. He said that it doesn't looks serious based on the document and the details I shared. But asked me to raise and FOIA request to get more details. I have raised one but it seems the request will take 2-6 months for a response.

I am wondering if anyone has been in this situation. What is this form I-160A given by CBP? Some say its is a simple refusal and give for Flag polling too.

Can I try to enter the USA again as a visitor to collect my things? (now I have a rental residence in Canada, before I did not have one). Paying rent on both sides and not having a clarity on when can I start giving notice to the US apartment.

Looking for some clarity and the graveness of this Form I160A. Also the best next steps.

Thanks in Advance!

It looks like the I-160A just means you were refused entry to the US at a land border and returned to Canada. You were not removed and do not have a ban for having been removed. Did it say why you were denied entry?

Thank you for your response! No the document just says " The alien named below has been refused admission into the Untied States and my name is printed.

Hey JBourne, i can't offer any help. I took my nephew to the US/Canada border to "flagpole" for his student visa. Both he and I were listed on the I-160A form with "the alien named below has been refused admission into the Untied States". The border agent didn't make a big deal about anything and it seemed to be common procedure. I'm curious to hear what your FOIA request leads to. Thanks!

Hey JBourne, i can't offer any help. I took my nephew to the US/Canada border to "flagpole" for his student visa. Both he and I were listed on the I-160A form with "the alien named below has been refused admission into the Untied States". The border agent didn't make a big deal about anything and it seemed to be common procedure. I'm curious to hear what your FOIA request leads to. Thanks!
Hi BBol, Thanks! MY FOIA hasn't been responded yet. Question, Is it advised to try again? Now I have a job offer as well

@Jbourne I had the exact same experience in a very similar situation. Been upwards of 6 months since I put in the FOIA with CBP but no response. Let's keep each other posted. I'd also be very keen to know your experience when you try to re-enter. I'll try and share mine as well if I do. If there are any updates regarding this, please share.

@Jbourne I had the exact same experience in a very similar situation. Been upwards of 6 months since I put in the FOIA with CBP but no response. Let's keep each other posted. I'd also be very keen to know your experience when you try to re-enter. I'll try and share mine as well if I do. If there are any updates regarding this, please share.
any update?