US Citizenship

harsha_c

Registered Users (C)
HI

I got my green card in august 2005. I was in US till November 2006 and had to leave the country for doing my MBA overseas for one year. I have already made one trip to keep my continuous residency requirement and plan to do another one in couple of months.

I plan to get back to US after my MBA for job and finish my US citizenship req.
I need 1 year and 2 months of physical presence and and few more years of continuous residence.

Could you let me know if it will work out if I come back to US and finish my physical presence and then leave the country and maintain my continuous presence using reentry permits. Then apply for citizenship from overseas after the 5 year requirement. Obviously I will pay taxes etc etc.

Do I need to be physically present in US for sometime before and after I apply for Citizenship in US?

thanks in advance !!
Harsha

No it won't work out. Citizenship is only granted to legitimate US residents - applying while residing overseas is pretty much useless unless you happen to be serving in the US armed forces or a spouse of a US govt employee.

Please conduct some of your own research - this topic has been discussed many many times.