US citizen wife with arrest record?

Calinda

Registered Users (C)
I'm petitioning for my immigrant husbands green card. He has a perfectly clean record, maybe just a few traffic tickets.
I have some misdemeanor charges. A DUI that's almost 5 years old but more recently a public intox, which I've been told is merely a citation, a failure to appear which seems to have been cleared up once I paid an old traffic ticket so I'm not sure how that stands, but what concerns me is an arrest for presenting false identification to a police officer. How will my record affect my husband? While the false identification was a misdemeanor it doesn't exactly look good in this situation. I'm afraid they'll think if I would use a fake ID I'd be willing to participate in a sham marriage. I'm hoping to show them how supportive my husband has been and how he's helped me turn my life around and seek treatment for mental health issues and alcoholism.

Your case is nothing because is not a felony but the situacion is they do a full investigation on your case first they check if you work how much you make plus how you met your housband and your case maybe take longer and I hope you know about fake marriage is a big deal.

Oh the marriage is certainly real, I was just worried that the nature of the identification charge would look bad in an immigration case.

You right! Whst happens with you arrest you look on you like candidate for a full check on your marriage, you hsve to provide them pictures utilities bills with both names(husband)...good luck!