US citizen sponcoring brother's F1 ..

rmn69

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My brother wants to apply for F-1, for a Master program in engineering. He has received an assistantship offer letter from the same school that provided his I-20.
His assistantship offer alone is indicating his tuition and room and board are covered, plus, he has a property and some fund of his own that he would be showing available. I have a choice to be his sponsor in US.

He plans on saying on the application that his brother is US Citizen. All other family member is in home country.

I read on this board that many F-1's were rejected on the ground of immigration intention. Would my being a citizen jeopardize his chances of getting F1?

I appreciate your input.

citizen brother sponsoring F-1

Hi,
If you are sponsoring your brother for F-1 visa it is not unusual for brother to sponsor his sibling. More importantly your brother should document strong ties back home and should have documentation showing that he is financially sound to support himself. Hope this helps.

Urgent And Time Sensitive, Support Senator Obama's Bill On Limiting Fbi's Name Check

Dear All:

Whether your citizenship has finally been approved, your case is pending or you are getting started, you know the need for reform in the stalling process that can take for years. Many of you are already aware of the "Citizenship Promotion Act" introduced by Senator Obama on March 7, 07. This bill limits the increase in the immigration fees, but most importantly delineates time frames for FBI name check, which has a backlog of 300,000 and are reviewing cases "manually". I have started a petition in support of the bill. Please be informed that the bill also supports applicants of permanent residency in their name check process as well. WE ALL NEED TO SIGN IT AND ALSO PASS IT ON TO ALL OF THE FRIENDS AND FAMILY MEMBERS WHO ARE OR HAVE BEEN ENTANGLED BY THE OVERDUE IMMIGRATION PROCESSES. THE MORE SIGNATURES WE HAVE, THE MORE WE WILL BE ABLE TO OBTAIN ADVOCACY FOR THE BILL BY THE CONGRESSMEN AND SENATORS.

PLEASE SIGN AND PASS FORWARD FOR ANYONE AND EVERYONE TO SEE.
http://www.petitiononline.com/nc082505/petition.html
BITA