US Citizen applies for Spouse Green Card outside US

Cocorea

Hi,

A US citizen would like to sponsor their Canadian spouse for a Green Card. They are both living in Canada together. Can the sponsor complete abroad option while based in the applicant's home country?

I'm not sure what you mean by "complete abroad option". Yes, you can be in Canada, but you will need to show that you will re-establish domicile in the US no later than when your spouse immigrates.

Yes, but they will need to intend to move to the US after the spouse gets the immigrant visa and therefore the sponsor will need to show evidence of re-establishing domicile in the US. Canada is particularly strict on this. (Sponsor can of course move to the US earlier.) Unless the sponsor is already working in the US you may need to get a co-sponsor too as income evidence has to be maintained from the US.

Yes, but they will need to intend to move to the US after the spouse gets the immigrant visa and therefore the sponsor will need to show evidence of re-establishing domicile in the US. Canada is particularly strict on this. (Sponsor can of course move to the US earlier.) Unless the sponsor is already working in the US you may need to get a co-sponsor too as income evidence has to be maintained from the US.
great advice!

I'm not sure what you mean by "complete abroad option". Yes, you can be in Canada, but you will need to show that you will re-establish domicile in the US no later than when your spouse immigrates.
Thanks, for your answer. I meant to file the petition for a spouse living abroad.