Urgnet GC Approval help...

Ahmer123

Registered Users (C)
This is to all my married freinds from India.

Folks,

- What did you include in your GC Petition for your Spouse's "Follow to Join in" petition? I guess what I mean is, how does INS know if you were married before or after the 485 approval.

- How fast do you get the marriage certificate from New Delhi or do you have to obtain it from somewhere else.

- What do you do once you have that certificate, I mean are there any more documents required to here file her "Follow to Join in" petition if she is in India.

Thanks for your help.

To get marriage certificate from court you will need atleaset 1 month from the time they will put a notification for marriage, and if you directly go to the court, they will treat you as a runaway marriage case and will give you run of your life.

I think it will be better to get your wife here on H1 and then get a marriage certificate from Indian counslate, I think it will be sure and faster approach. also get a affidavit on stamo paper from friends and relatives, I think this along with marriage photos will be enough to convince the US counslate that you have married.

Other papers, other than I140 employer letter etc. everything....
including medical exam, birth cert. marriage cert. etc.

bad planning.

Good luck....

Last edited by a moderator: