Urgently need help ....regarding Advance Parole

the_dream

I filled my AP in 01/06/2003....I was waiting for approval as I need to travel by next week. Have my air tickets are booked already. Found my case approved on the web on 28th Feb. But in the mean time after I had filed my AP I had to shift San Diego from LA due to my job. Notied INS immediately after I shifted here. I have given a permanent change of address in the local post office at LA too ..and I am getting all mails redirected here...But I didn't receive my AP yet. Can anyone suggest me how to get an AP using what I can travel? I have just 1 week in hand. Couldn't get through to speak to an officer for the last 3-4 days.

Shall I go to the Laguna Niguel (CSC centre ) or go for an Expedited AP ?

Siliy Man, Pcee..and others please help me !!!
Please advice ..
Thanks

the_dream

One options I think you have is to go to local office and request emergency AP. Chances, however, are closed to zero unless you can document qualified emergency.

I am not sure if you regularly visit these messege boards... if yes, you probably already know that sending an address change does not do much immediately. It takes long time and lots of efforts (sometimes) to get your address changed in all the (apparently) disconnected computers of INS.

Try to get in toucn with IIO, send fax to the dept. that handles AP... usually they wait till they get the mail back from USPS before they send it again.

Don't want to discourage you but if you are planning to travel next week.... hope for a miracle.

Do you still have valid H1 visa ?

Thanks for your help.
Unfortunately, I had to cancel the trip as I didn't have a valid H1 too.
But I went to the CSC and could manage to change my address, and just hoping that my adress had been changed everywhere at INS database.

thanks
the_dream

wac02-046
FP:1/4/02

AP, EAD expired early Mar. Both renew sent in mid Feb. No news.

No valid H1, so employer made the express process last month, got H1 in a week. Still waiting for AP to come so I can go to Mexico US consule to "activate" the newly obtained H1. Then I can be back to work.

Attorney warned me not to go to Mexico without AP, since it will void my AOS.

Does anyone know how long will it take to renew AP these days?

Another question, since my 485 is employment-based, but I can not work these days (EAD expired), will it effect my 485 application?

Thank you!

try getting iEAD now

AP, EAD Both renew sent in mid Feb. No news

I got my AP in a little more than 1 month's time (applied Dec 23 2002, approved Jan 28 2003). It is taking 6-7 months for EAD. Try to get iEAD (technically after 90 days) now. All they can say is we cannot issue. No harm in trying. I did read in this forum that some one got iEAD before 90 days.

No valid H1, so employer made the express process last month, got H1 in a week.

I was always under the impression that if you have H1 approval, you can start working immidiately (after filling in I-9 form with HR). It does not have to be stamped on the passport. However in your case, I don't know about this for sure.

Another question, since my 485 is employment-based, but I can not work these days (EAD expired), will it effect my 485 application?

I don't think it will affect as long as the reason for not working is documented in a letter from the HR and you start working for the same employer after getting work authorization.

Hope this helps.

Thank you, Isamp!

Follow up to your reply...

90 days after filing EAD renew, I automatically get i-EAD or I need to file i-EAD as a saperate thing?

After I started to use EAD a year ago, my H1 was not valid anymore. I don't understand it either why I need to go to Mexico to "activate" H1. But HR and attorney both said I need. Actually my apppointment in Mexico US consulate is tomorrow, since I don't think I can get AP renew today, I reschedule the trip to 4/15, hopefully by then, I will get AP renewed.

Attorney will check with BCIS officer tomorrow about my 485, it is 2 weeks as officier suggested to check back.

wac02-046.

need to go to INS for iEAD

iEAD is not automatic. You will need 765 and 485 receipts, and a new 765 application filled.

Take these to the local INS office and they will take photograph and finger print you and give you iEAD.

AP renewal

the_dream

Did u apply the AP yourself? If so, can u give me a checklist of the documents needed to file.
Also, do you write on the form or do you have to type it out?
Thanks

j

what spacific document needed for I-131(AP)

please someone who knows list the list of the documens for the applicant and the wife for an Advance Parole(I-131 Travel Document)application.