Urgent!!!!!!

opoto

Registered Users (C)
INS agents (five) stormed my house one early morning, saying that they came to check if my wife and i live together. They later left saying they were satisfied. Now, they are calling up my wife's family to ask them questions about me.

PLEASE, i need some insight here on why they are doing all this. Is it proper for them to do this?

This is strange!

But it can happen! Here is the scenario, if somebody is married to a US citizen, he/she may apply for permanent residency in family based category (because of the marriage to a US citizen). It seems that INS is verifying now-a-days whether the marriage is a real one. It may seem strange to you but they are doing it. But if your I-485 is employment based, then INS really messed up and I would recommend you to talk to your attorney about this mess.

Which country are you from

I wonder if these over-zealous INS officers are targeting applicants from high risk countries

Could you please tell us if your 485 is family-based or employment based?

and Who is the primary applicant if employment-based?
Thank you!

No worry at all!

You will be perfectly fine. It is an INS procedure I have long heard of. Now INS has confirmed that your marriage is real and true, you should feel happy and relieved! Make sure that your wife's family know you well.

URGENT

The funny? thing really is that i have already been approved and my passport stamped as a conditional permanent resident before all this happend.

So, i don't know why they are doing this so late in the process (filing the I-751 in February). Do they want to change their mind?

Please do not worry!

They are making sure your marriage is not a fake one! Since your marriage is a real one, they will not be able to find anything to change their mind, so nothing to worry about!

Re: URGENT

I think, they may check whether you two are living together for certain years (may be 1 to 5 years not sure) and then you will be issued a real Green card.