urgent!!!

kannel

Registered Users (C)
My wife and I have an interview (employment based) next week. My baby is 31 months, US citizen. My attorney is suggesting me to take my baby for the interview. My baby is very active and talks a lot. Do you think it is adviseable to take my baby for the interview. My attorney is saying that if I take my baby for the interview, the Officer don't ask too many questions and make the interview very short. I am confused now. Please help me out to make the decision. Have you ever had any experience going along the small kid... please help me out as soon as possible..

There is +ve and -ve in taking kids..., Since your kid is just 31 months (2 yrs 7 mons), usually their talk would be sweet. Kids of that age do not talk non-sense, your attorneys suggestion is right. my 2 cents...

Take your kid

I agree with your attorney and peace_of_mind. Taking your kid might reinforce the opinon that you might be a happy family man and therfore questions might be less. Of course this could be a prejudice also. :)

In addition you can avoid questions like where is your kid etc. since you would have entered your kid's info in the Biographic details form.

Just my 2 cents.

I took my kid for FP

I took my kid for FP and she insisted to get inside with her Mom. I was trying to keep her with me. But the then INS officer told me to let her in and both of them talked through the entire process. All the staffs inside were enjoying her talk. Also, as other said, it re-enforce that your marriage is intact and you are living together.

My 2 cents.

GM

FP and interview are 2 different things...,
For FP, kids are allowed only into the waiting area (if any).
For an interview, you and your wife would be called into a room. I do not think interviews are done in the lounges (this is not an airport security check to ask you questions while you wait...)

Last edited by a moderator:
the u.s. is a pretty kid-friendly place, and people usually have a favorable opinion of anything that reeks of good family values... i'd play it to the hilt, if i were you ;)