Urgent - Travelling on AP/Visa expired on Passport

Chinni11

Registered Users (C)
I'm planning to travel to Hungary on AP GOOD UNTIL 03/2006 (I-140 still pending and I-485 RD:01/07/2005).
I'm on a H1-B (8th year EXP:9/01/2005) status but Visa STAMPING on the passport EXPIRED
Do you think I can face any problems when re-entering the US with AP? Please advise me.

Thank you
Raju

Chinni11 said:
I'm planning to travel to Hungary on AP GOOD UNTIL 03/2006 (I-140 still pending and I-485 RD:01/07/2005).
I'm on a H1-B (8th year EXP:9/01/2005) status but Visa STAMPING on the passport EXPIRED
Do you think I can face any problems when re-entering the US with AP? Please advise me.

Thank you
Raju

As long as your AP is not expired you should be ok. Just carry a copy of your I-485 Notice. Good luck.

You can enter with the documents mentioned Mr. muntasir but only thing you have to make sure is status change.

I am not sure about current status of H1B if use AP at port of entry. Your status may change once if you use AP. That is my guess but make sure you contact your Attorney.

Good luck!

As long as you are not using your EAD to seek employment or continue employment, just using your AP does not change your status. In this case, Chinni11 will be in H1B status as long as he or she is working for the original H1B sponser employer.