Urgent: Tax returns - Please share successful CP\'ers about their tax exp

phillysunny

Registered Users (C)
I have been going through all discussion boards to find out in how many cases people have mentioned that they were asked for tax returns and W-2 for last THREE yrs. The reason I\'m curious to know is due to gap in H1 my annual earnings in 99 were not what it is usually mentioned in labor, so I was thinking that may cause a prob., i mean a real big problem. But since tax returns seems to me as a doc which is very rarely asked I was thinking of if they ask me, what if I say I did not get the copies requested from IRS as i lost my personal copies. For year 2000 everything is fine as I\'m working for HP. I have tax returns and W-2. I wanted to know whosoever were asked for tax returns, did they asked you something else which led to tax/w-2 or u were asked upfront about these docs. I\'m scheduled for Bombay. My lawyer has kept 485 pkt ready and just waiting for me to tell him, CP or 485? What do u guys think from your research about this issue? I will be really thankful to your replies (specifically successful CP\'ers).