urgent: state tax question

zack1978

Registered Users (C)
My interview is in 2 days
I have collected all the documents needed including transcripts of my federal taxes for the last 5 years

I don't have copies of my state taxses, i don't have time to request they be mailed to my house, so i have to drive to go get them

Do i need to bring the state taxses with me as well, do they usually request them?

I can only speakfor me. The lady asked me if i filed 2007 taxes, told her yes and gave her the copy that my accountant gave me. I had both Federal and State taxes information stapled together..

Atleast you can take copies from your tax consultant that you have paid state taxes.

I got the Federal taxes return transcripts on friday, but completely forgot abt this state taxes return thing. Can someone please tell me where to get them? My DO is Philly.

I have my interview next Monday.

Thanks,
Akapoor

Also, is it mandatory to get SSl letter?

Are you applying based on standard 5yr or on 3yr marriage to USC.

Under normal circumstances with the 5yr route, you don't need to present tax returns unless you are trying to prove that you did not disrupt residence with one or more long trips.

You would however always need to provide tax returns for a 3yr "marriage" application.

I'm applying based on marriage to USC

i owe federal taxes
I got transcripts for the last 5 years along with written statement/agreement showing a monthly payment plan to the IRS

I also have 2004, 06, 07 and 08 state taxses but i'm missing the 2005 one

I'm nervous i might get rejected

My state don't provide transcripts but did provide a letter stating I did not owe any payments. IO did not ask me for anything except ID, GC, and passport.

USCIS don't normally care much about State taxes, and since you already have the bulk of the required material, I doubt you're going to run into much trouble during interview.

Take the personal copies that you will def have at home. While I don't know how they differ from IRS transcripts at least you will have something to show.