Urgent RFE- Entirely New I think

sevagan99

Registered Users (C)
Here goes the story. Has anyone had experiences like this one

I-140 Applied thru Company A

I-485 Company A acquires Company B becomes COmpany AA( 485 applied as AA)

COmpany AA goes bankrupt after 200 days of 485 Application

Changed to Company C

Now I get an RFE

" It seems that your company has changed since you had applied for I140 and 485"

Scenario 1. If your company had changed names since you had applied for 140 then and if the changed company is of the same ownership and intentions

Scenario 2. If your compnay had changed ownership then a new amendment may be required .

PLease guys if any of you had ancountered anything similar please guide me here. If you have replied to an RFE like this plEEEEEEASE do reply.

Thanks In Advance
Seva

Sevagan, it does Not sound good - Talk to your Lawyer!!

Sevagan, I wish I could say it better, but I\'m afraid because of the 200 days switch to a different company (no matter what the reason is - bankruptcy, in this case) and other complications, it doesn\'t sound good.

Immdiately, talk to your attorney.

Sevagan: How did the INS know your company has changed.

If you look at this forum. There are guys who have changed jobs exactly 180 days after their I-485\'s were filed and have gotten their GC. They didnt let the INS know that they had changed jobs 180 days after their I-485 were filed.

-BVR

Change in company name

Looks like you are in a similar situation like mine however, I do not have a company change (to C) as you have indicated.

Anyway. When the new company acquired you (after your 140) the new company while filing for 485 should have applied for another 140 thru a procedure called Pending 485. Which basically states that you are a part of the new company and nothing except the financials have changed. In some cases there is only a clarrification sent to INS regarding name change.

Now without the (AA) Company not existing and you switching to Company C, I do not know how this would affect your situation, may be you lawyer would tell you if you need to refile 140 under pending 485 procedure to continue processing.

Note: I am not a lawyer so ...

140 was filed COmpany A and 485 by COmpany AA

Although my former attorney attched a letter when filing 485

the problem is that company AA went bankrupt

Thanks
Seva

No Title

I had the same situation as yours before. I had to have my company AA to file new I-140. After my I-140 was approved, INS started to process my case again. It took me 5 month more to get approved. I recommend you to talk to your lawyer. Maybe you need to have company C to file new I-140 for you. that is your lawyer\'s mistake because he should not file I-485 with a different company from I-140. but it would not help you to blame on him.