Urgent Question - Pls Help

vg0405

Registered Users (C)
My lawyer just informed me that they have received a FP notice for my wife. Didnt mention anything about mine. The problem is that both me and my wife are in India and wont return for another week. The FP appointment is on May 1st - Sat.

Can it be rescheduled at such a short notice?? If yes, how?

Is the INS office open on Sat?

Please help!

regards,

Yes, it can be rescheduled. But once rescheduled it may delay your approval. Never done rescheduling so you need to talk to your attorney.

INS district/sub offices not open on weekends. However, finger print is done at application support centers they are open on Sat.

That totally sucks. I would hate to reschedule my FP notice, for the simple reason that we never know how long it will take for INS to re-schedule it.

So the answer to your question depends upon whether this is your second or first FP notice, and what your WAC number is. With approvals coming from all sides of the JIT, you don't want to postpone something that could just mean manna from heaven, and translate into an approval, but at the same time, if it is just your first FP and there is no chance of your approval in the near future, seems hard to break a vacation, so the call is yours, and you need to think and make it.

Good luck!